Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/04/2019 Shrewsbury v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

Hoping to see some of the youngsters get a a game today.

Can anyone who watches the youth teams tell me what kind of a player Fabio Lopes is?

With a name like that I'm expecting lots of step-overs.

one hell of a prospect IMO ...as are a number of our homegrown young oxes :)

team news/ todays lineup and squad being released around 2pm

D4wkiPqW4AEgwmR.jpg

Stronger starting XI than expected, no Shearer on the bench! Does that make him 4th choice GK

Little bit surprised to see no Shearer on the bench, although it's good for Harris to have the matchday experience, I was expecting the experienced head on the bench. Possibly Long and Sykes could do with resting, but I reckon they need the run in the team to keep on developing as players; they're just getting solid runs in the starting XI, no need to disrupt that. Also no Smith is telling, unless he's injured, he won't be here next season.

Possibly Long and Sykes could do with resting, but I reckon they need the run in the team to keep on developing as players; they're just getting solid runs in the starting XI, no need to disrupt that.
Sykes played less that a full game on Friday, so I can see why he is playing. I suppose Carruthers is there just to give Brannagan a rest - little point otherwise.

Can somebody explain for the benefit of the slow witted amongst us how exactly this is done? I pay a monthly subscription for the ifollow videos etc but when I’ve attempted to do this before I’ve been unsuccessful
You need to click on the official OUFC site
click on Matches
click on fixtures and you should be on the match day screen.
Choose your option.

Hope that helps.

Little bit surprised to see no Shearer on the bench, although it's good for Harris to have the matchday experience, I was expecting the experienced head on the bench. Possibly Long and Sykes could do with resting, but I reckon they need the run in the team to keep on developing as players; they're just getting solid runs in the starting XI, no need to disrupt that. Also no Smith is telling, unless he's injured, he won't be here next season.

The experienced head (Shearer) is on the bench, just not as sub keeper. Sure we'll be fine anyway. Hope Carruthers does well, even if we're not keeping him he deserves game time after what has been a terrible season for him.

Afternoon folks, glorious sunshine everywhere and smiles all round in the Yellows team. Strong defence today to help Stevens, that is good. And 3 youngster on the bench who might get some game time. Hope so because that will mean that we are at least 2 goals clear of the Shrews.
So we're going to win 3-0 today.

No accumulator as we are safe, but scores from L1 as the come in.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Shrewsbury 1 Oxford United 1 (Whyte) Att: 5462 and 769 Yellows fans. We will hold a desperate Shrews to a memorable draw, but its the off-field shenanegans that catch my attention. Ruffles and Nelson will both walk out, walking a dog on a lead. They will get into a fight over this, with Nelson saying that he thought of it first. KR will come out wearing a badge which has 'manager of the month' on it, even though the award hasn't been decided yet. One of their fans will have a bloody drum. One of our fans will have a banjo. During the first half, a crazed, sex-starved, love-sick owl will fly into the directors' box and attack a startled,yet slightly turned on Tiger, who is making his first trip to their ground. The owl will fly off with his bow tie and make a nest out of it. A dog will run onto the pitch and attack Ruffles' and Nelson's dogs. The referee, (Mr R. Sole) will book and send off our keeper, after he catches the ball inside the penalty area. There will be a riot and the ref will run away crying. The reserve ref (Mr Ben Dover) will take over and book four of our players. Eastwood will be asked to get a hot dog for KR, since he's not playing, but fall over and fracture his index finger. Their scoreboard will malfunction and be replaced with a man with a loud hailer, who will shout out the score every five minutes. That just about does it for me. COYY

Last edited:
Just to add that Pompey have beaten Coventry 2-1
and Southend ar 3-1 up v Burton after 85 minutes

Burton back to 3-2 down. Sarfend really need the points.

Back
Top Bottom