Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/04/2019 Shrewsbury v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

f*ckin' awesome!!..well done lads ..and I have to say KR (..yes I admit I doubted you for a short while and the bullshit you sometimes still spout!;) didn't help)..but .. as a fan who has watched Oxford since 1964..I have rarely been happier.

recent form (and results) reminicent on the (first) Jim Smith era, the end of MApps first season/ and MApp's promotion season..... bring on Doncaster AND (especially) Luton, we will P**s on their party methinks

next season (assuming we retain most of this squad) cant start quickly enough

recent form (and results) reminicent on the (first) Jim Smith era, the end of MApps first season/ and MApp's promotion season..... bring on Doncaster AND (especially) Luton, we will P**s on their party methinks

next season (assuming we retain most of this squad) cant start quickly enough

Surprisingly, after how it looked like they'd be champions only a few weeks ago we have an outside chance (should results go that way) of putting Luton in the play offs!

Also, Plymouth are looking a bit terminal at the moment as if Wimbledon beat Luton they will fall into the relegation spots.

Fantastic battling performance. Ref was a joke again. Impressive performance from smith when he came on as well. He is a big lad.

According to KR, in his interview, they are talking to Nico Jones about a pro deal.

Pah, why worry when a player gets sent off. What a lovely result. Also, superb Mr Whyte, superb.
I hope they get Jones tied down as soon as they can. When is his 18th Birthday? Either way, from what we saw enjoy him while he’s here, I reckon it’ll be a similar case to Mark Wright, he’ll get snapped up by a premier league club early on in his career.

Didn’t think the referee was as bad as some made out. I disagreed with the penalty and the red card, which are of course game changers, but I’m also biased and I can see how a case would be made for both decisions. Overall he managed a feisty game pretty well.

Ps why does the word feisty not follow the i before e except after c rule? ??‍♂️

Meant jones. Apologies.

1bf1f2ef87ddd371f11becf5a1b6938d.jpg

After today, we’ll not just today, the last few games I wouldn’t be too disappointed if Graham wasn’t here next season, an obvious talent but had been totally uninterested recently

Fantastic day out. Sitting in the hotel bar now with cold pint basking in the result.
Amazing display from Whyte who had his markers on toast!
First half performance was marred by Graham and Carruthers lack of input,second was just fantastic. Well done Nico Jones.
And huge performance from the team.
Off out later for more celebrating and no work tomorrow!!

I now expect the KR moaners to give a him a bit of praise.....after all, they soon jump on his back when thing aren't going right.
Yes you lot who get on ox mail as well.
You may still not see him as the right one, but you must give him credit.

Incredible second half today. Once again that was a real textbook example of how to play with ten men - pushing a defender into midfield when moving forward and allowing yourself to keep the width. Plus, two up front means the ball can stick. Credit to all concerned there in recent weeks, it’s absolutely spot on.

Obviously Whyte will rightly take the plaudits, but take a bow Nico Jones. What a fantastic debut off the bench from the young man. Get him on a deal ASAP - he’s got it.

Back
Top Bottom