Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/02/20 Ipswich Town v OUFC+++

Great away day today, great all round team performance and a fantastic atmosphere created by the fans. If Ipswich we’re still playing now they wouldn’t have scored we never looked in danger in that second half.
Roll on Tuesday.
COYY

Completely agree 100%, especially not to Blackpool. He has a lot invested I the club, in terms of his relationship with the board, and has a project I believe he will want to finish, .

He will want the board to set out what exactly he can spend next season, especially if we don't go up, to ensure that he is able to go again, with a good budget.
He is completely right to keep his options open. We were 2nd in the league and he asked for the boards backing and didnt get it.

A deserved win at a grand old English football ground in front of 20,000 spectators and still the verbal diarrhoea spouts forth on this thread. Go away Kip.

Lambert out thought by Robinson today. Actually thought some of the Ipswich players were very decent but they ultimately couldn’t cope.

Many of us were upset today by a foul mouthed slug in his forties/fifties who slagged our team at the top of his voice throughout the first half. Thankfully his partner appeared to have a word with him at half time and the brain numbing obscenities ceased. Really a quite unedifying drunk , he should not have been let into the ground .

Still , a good day out with some wonderful support overall. COYY.

Great away day today, great all round team performance and a fantastic atmosphere created by the fans. If Ipswich we’re still playing now they wouldn’t have scored we never looked in danger in that second half.
Roll on Tuesday.
COYY
Yep, this whole thread is in danger of getting lost in (bizarrre) discussions re KR moving to Blackpool (???)

One of our best results of the year. I'd put it alongside West Ham 4-0 and above the likes of Lincoln 6-0. A special result, the kind that gets teams promoted. I said before the game that this would be a sliding doors moment for this team, and they have delivered in style. Playoffs now look a real possibility - up to the team and staff to now make the most of this surge of momentum.

That write-up also says that the ref was inconsistent. I thought the ref was the best L1 ref this season.

I agree, much better than the usual rubbish we get. Couldn’t quite understand the booking of, I think, Browne for a nothing sort of challenge and a couple of their players went right through the back of us yet went unpunished. Other than that though he was decent.

Roll on Tuesday.
COYY

Fantastic atmosphere, you’ve got to be joking. We were quiet all game as most of our fans want to sit and normal singing fans etc being dispersed due to the block selling, hence mute silence.

Yes, there were a few times the volume rises (mainly at the end when the players came over), but I’d wouldn’t say it was fantastic.

The usual B*****s from Lambert. The sour little git.

He’s had time to look at the stats but not one of the major talking points ? You could see Jackson stamp on Dickie from the stands and Lambert’s at ground level and 50 yards closer. I’m pretty sure someone would have shown him either pitch side or immediately afterwards if he somehow never saw it in real time.

As for Ipswich totally dominating - really ? They have one or two useful players but generally powder puff anywhere near goal. Easty made one great block save low down in the first half but the rest he could generally throw his cap on.

Does Lambert expect teams to come and take Ipswich on basketball style ? They were favourites for promotion and our game plan was perfect hence the inclusion of Browne and Holland in a clear attempt to get at them on the counter. We were nowhere near our best with too many players struggling to get the ball down and play but we grew and grew and in the latter stages we looked in total control. Well done to Agyei too, he kept that ball down in the corner for the best part of injury time and took the pressure off what could have been a frantic few minutes up the other end.

A very satisfying day out.

A great performance and possibly the most important league win of the season so far.

Regarding Karl I really don’t think he gets enough recognition for how he appears to have pulled the club together over the past two years.

His challenge is being so outspoken can in the end cause real problems. Having some experience dealing with a business in the Far East, I think Tiger and the board can only be pushed so far, they might see direct confrontation as immature and unnecessary. That difference amounts to a frustrating cultural divide in how people solve problems at work.

So something often has to give, personally I hope it is not Karl leaving to manage Blackpool

A great performance and possibly the most important league win of the season so far.

Regarding Karl I really don’t think he gets enough recognition for how he appears to have pulled the club together over the past two years.

His challenge is being so outspoken can in the end cause real problems. Having some experience dealing with a business in the Far East, I think Tiger and the board can only be pushed so far, they might see direct confrontation as immature and unnecessary. That difference amounts to a frustrating cultural divide in how people solve problems at work.

So something often has to give, personally I hope it is not Karl leaving to manage Blackpool

if they run a business in an area where culture is very different then one would think they thought about that before entering the market. if they think that of Karl then just wait until they have to deal with some of the heavyweights and the public opinion whilst negotiating an area for a new stadium etc

if they run a business in an area where culture is very different then one would think they thought about that before entering the market. if they think that of Karl then just wait until they have to deal with some of the heavyweights and the public opinion whilst negotiating an area for a new stadium etc
I totally agree with you. I think there could be some interesting challenges ahead

Back
Top Bottom