Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/02/20 Ipswich Town v OUFC+++

We were poor
Very lacklustre
Very poor
Average

these are comments from some of the dipswich fans........ but we scored and got the theee points so that means they’re s**t

Good, got bored of us getting praised as a good team when we lose or draw this season, we have been lacking these sort of wins, one of the most satisfying wins of the season.

But they also say:

Their goal was classy
They were solid defensively, quick to close us down when near the box
Well enough organised and a bit of a threat
They had a game plan, we didn’t.

You always get a range of opinions on a forum - I'd imagine our comments on Sunderland (who did a similar job on us to what we did to Ipswich in some ways!) were probably just as varied.

Paul is starting to get on my nerves who the f**k is he, he says after today he could look at the board and say basically up yours.

and what a Blackpool fan said

Good appointment.

Saddler just needs to sell him the dream, excellent budget, long term ambition of Premier league football and plans for off field development.

WTF? what phone call did you hear, play it back and listen, nothing of the sort was said.

Last edited:
Highlights here:

Apart from the goal, I think Taylor had the second best chance of the game as well (judging by these highlights)
He did. Great control but couldnt beat the keeper who was right on him. I thought the ref let too much go. Blatant penalty on dickie which he ignored and the foul on taylor in the corner of the box when he megged him. Ipswich didnt really create that many decent chances. Our defence was outstanding. Holland was a bit off form imo with his final ball and dribbling.

Just got back great result, and superb support, from those that went. Apart for the first 20 mins, we dealt with what they had to throw at us.
The locals down below were getting a little restless :ROFLMAO:

As for Robinson's interview. I agree with JS. He was simply saying to board to not take him for granted.
He does know how much his stake is worth atm, but Blackpool, never. It was a poison chalice for Grayson, and even though they have changed the board, the Oyston mentality over how long to keep hold of a manager seems to have remained.

Unless of course he wants to move back to the North West, where both he and his wife have ties there and family.

Nice ground but (and I enjoy an away trip up there) it’s a decaying town, no long term potential there.
Now that they’ve gotten away with their financial shenanigans they have a clean slate, an ambitious new board with cash and the fans are coming back more and more. Averaging nearly 9,000 per week in the league despite having a below par season - that’s more than we do by nearly 1,200. The state of the town has nothing at all to do with the football club. If it worked like that then we’d be laughing, wouldn’t we? Not to mention it’s less than an hour away from his and his wife’s hometown, where most of their family and close friends are. Don’t see why it’s such an outrageous suggestion tbh, especially since he’s been making it perfectly clear for the last few weeks that he’s not best pleased about how January went. He’s certainly keeping his options open between what he’s said today and what he’s been doing for the last several weeks in terms of his demeanour and comments.

Doesn’t mean there’s definitely something in it, but there’s no reason to suggest it’s highly unlikely either. He had his chance to rubbish it and chose not to. He’ll do what he thinks is best for him and rightly so, and that’s got nothing to do with Blackpool being a bit shite as a town.

Just got back great result, and superb support, from those that went. Apart for the first 20 mins, we dealt with what they had to throw at us.
The locals down below were getting a little restless :ROFLMAO:

As for Robinson's interview. I agree with JS. He was simply saying to board to not take him for granted.
He does know how much his stake is worth atm, but Blackpool, never. It was a poison chalice for Grayson, and even though they have changed the board, the Oyston mentality over how long to keep hold of a manager seems to have remained.

Unless of course he wants to move back to the North West, where both he and his wife have ties there and family.

Don't think he will move. Yes the board didnt go for bust in the transfer window which annoyed him. But roll back 12 months ago when we were in a relegation scrap the board could of got rid of him (probably 80% of other clubs would have) but they stuck with him. Now what's to say he moves sideways to a club like l Blackpool and half way through next season he could go the same way as Grayson has. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener.

Honestly, if I understand correctly then this has all come about because of the slight shortening of his odds for the job. (Hes still nowhere near being favourite) If so then its a total non story. To be honest, i didnt hear the interview, but I cant help thinking shame on RO for creating this ‘story‘ in the wake of such a great result today. Why be so mischievous?! It was unfair to put Robinson on the spot for one thing.

He comes from Liverpool, not far from Blackpool. Lots of his family up there.
When asked his first reaction was to say we have to have ambition, dont we? A bit of a dig for sure!
Anyway, great win. Didn't really play that well but a moment of sheer class got us the goal. We need to win the next two home games and we would be right back in it. Keep the momentum going lads.
Yea. , l know all this , yes he had a little dig and why not . But Blackpool... Nah...

Didn’t robbo sign a new 3 year contract not long ago if so would Blackpool be able to afford him or did I dream about the contract ?

Back
Top Bottom