Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/02/20 Ipswich Town v OUFC+++

Get in, that's what you call game management that so many teams have come to us and annoyed the hell out of me. Finally Ipswich fans can feel the same way. Onwards and upwards 3 points Tuesday and another next Saturday and we are right back in the promotion mix.

Reckon Ipswich fans will feel about us the same way we felt about Sunderland last week.
(other than the fact that our goal was like Brazil '70, and Sunderland's goal was like Cambridge United '90)

Grudging admiration for our professionalism. General feeling that we weren't very good.

Well, we didn't play football like we can, but our management of the game was top class. Get. In.

Radio Ipswich are talking so much fart, it's coming out of my speakers and making my living room stink...

You can have all the ball in the world boys but, if we do you with the same move every time, you deserve to get beat.

Not saying we were one dimensional by any means but like I said in my previous post, the counter attack was gagging for it. If it works, exploit it.

Stop crying

The one commentator was decent. Basically said he wasn't expecting us to be this good. They did miss the red card stamp though and thought the ref made a rash decision. Video shows otherwise. They won't be going up on that performance, we didn't even play that good, we were sloppy in posesion and still won.

Get in, that's what you call game management that so many teams have come to us and annoyed the hell out of me. Finally Ipswich fans can feel the same way. Onwards and upwards 3 points Tuesday and another next Saturday and we are right back in the promotion mix.
Sunderland in reverse

Also, Rob Dickie - some people were saying that we'll get less than a million for him in the summer.
If we take anything less than Portmouth got for Matthew Clarke last summer (also a CB, about the same age, one year left on his deal) then we're complete morons.

The guy is different class, and way, way too good for League One. Best Oxford central defender since Matty Elliott - his play the last month has confirmed that.

The one commentator was decent. Basically said he wasn't expecting us to be this good. They did miss the red card stamp though and thought the ref made a rash decision. Video shows otherwise. They won't be going up on that performance, we didn't even play that good, we were sloppy in posesion and still won.
You're right, it was like good cop, bad cop. During the game they were as expected - bias but fair. My post was referring to their comments after the final whistle. Acting as though they were robbed when really, our game plan was perfect.

Bit of a strange interview from KR there - will read in a certain way re Blackpool.

Reckon Ipswich fans will feel about us the same way we felt about Sunderland last week.
(other than the fact that our goal was like Brazil '70, and Sunderland's goal was like Cambridge United '90)

Grudging admiration for our professionalism. General feeling that we weren't very good.

Well, we didn't play football like we can, but our management of the game was top class. Get. In.
Sounds like in the course of a week we’ve shown we can play both facets of a successful team. Very happy with that!

You're right, it was like good cop, bad cop. During the game they were as expected - bias but fair. My post was referring to their comments after the final whistle. Acting as though they were robbed when really, our game plan was perfect.

They wasn't robbed, they didn't put the ball in the net. They might of had more possession but were useless with it half of the time.

Question, I started the thread that got us back in the football league, we did it, I started this thread today, 3 points, maybe I can help us get into the championship, Yellowsssssss - Buzzing

We should save your capabilities for the biggest games.

Amazing win, absolutely brilliant!

Things really seem like they’re back on track, and players are starting to come back from injury at just the right time.

We’ve been through an injury crisis, and a blip in form, and we’re still in the race for the playoffs, which is great credit to Robbo and the lads.

Bring on Accy!

COYY

Back
Top Bottom