Home Match Day Thread 22/01/2022 L1: OUFC v Sheffield Wednesday

Those who drive to the Kassam and park in Greater Leys, please be wary that Nightingale Avenue is blocked off due to an incident. It is unlikely to be opened anytime soon.

So If you like to park near the Spar, make sure you enter from the Cuddesdon Way/Pegasus Road/Windale Avenue direction.

Last edited:
Ouch. Wasn’t feeling massively confident. The threadbare starting line-up has made me feel even less so. Really hoping to be surprised.

I’ve steered clear of some of the chat around (not) signing anyone this week - but looking at the lack of manpower here it’s a little annoying we couldn’t get at least something over the line this week just to bolster the numbers a little. (Appreciate you can’t budget for Whyte’s Covid protocol issues - but Henry’s had injury concerns for a while and Williams’ partner hasn’t become 9 months pregnant overnight. These aren’t totally unforeseen absences…)

EDIT - pleased to see Stevens back though! He was superb at their place

Ouch. Wasn’t feeling massively confident. The threadbare starting line-up has made me feel even less so. Really hoping to be surprised.

I’ve steered clear of some of the chat around (not) signing anyone this week - but looking at the lack of manpower here it’s a little annoying we couldn’t get at least something over the line this week just to bolster the numbers a little. (Appreciate you can’t budget for Whyte’s Covid protocol issues - but Henry’s had injury concerns for a while and Williams’ partner hasn’t become 9 months pregnant overnight. These aren’t totally unforeseen absences…)

That’s the point I made on the transfers thread - miss out on new signings early and we don’t have them for January’s games.

I know it’s not easy but you can’t just say ‘well, better late than never’ about all January signings.

Where’s our squad gone?!
We're only missing Kane, Gorrin, Henry, Williams and Whyte (Hanson and Cooper are also not there but they're unavailable more often than not). So if the squad looks threadbare after that then you can only blame recruitment and squad building.

Back
Top Bottom