Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/01/2019 Bury v OUFC Checkatrade Trophy +++

It's easy for me. I don't want B Teams in English football so I haven't and wont attend the checkatrade whilst its in this format. (y)

Last EFL Trophy game for me was the Barnsley Wembley final. It doesn't bother me in the slightest if I miss Swindon away (in an obviously fixed draw) or if I missed a day out at Wembley for the Coventry final. For me, Wembley is only special because of why you're there. Being there for a final in a competition which is currently designed to kill your club, isn't special for me.

(Plus Wembley stadium and the atmosphere is actually quite s**t).

Agree with all that apart and am also never attending any game in this format until B teams are completely removed. From the atmosphere part. That’s down to the fans and the fans only. Nothing to do with the stadium.

Not going to be easy tonight (if the game is on). But I have a good feeling in my water that we will surprise Bury and win 3-1.

Oh and I hope that Plymouth don't get anything from their home match tonight in the league.

I live in the North West 30 mins from Bury. It’s cold, wet , been sleeting all day but game will be on...

Will anyone else be there?

Not going to be easy tonight (if the game is on). But I have a good feeling in my water that we will surprise Bury and win 3-1.

Oh and I hope that Plymouth don't get anything from their home match tonight in the league.

Why would we "surpise Bury ?"

Shouldnt we be expected to win against Lower league opposition ?

I don’t agree with the Premier League B teams taking part, and won’t attend any matches involving those teams.

However I do want us to win any game in this competition as it is good to win, helps with confidence and decent prize money which is not to be snifffed at.

The lure of seeing your team at Wembley is strong and did attend both appearances & the Millwall home leg semi final. So I’m probably a hypocrite!

If we got to a final against one of the Premier League B teams I’d give it a miss.

I suspect a fair few fans would take a similar stance.

One of the finals and the Millwall semi was before Academy sides were involved in the competition anyway.

I live in the North West 30 mins from Bury. It’s cold, wet , been sleeting all day but game will be on...

Will anyone else be there?
Lrt coach left Oxford early avo ....there'll be a few hardy U's fans there

Think it set off around Japanese dentist time (2.30)?

Perfect night and conditions for Jack Stevens to become a hero

What the hell..............Bury1 Don't bury........just scatter it all over the place 3 (Eastwood hat-trick) Att: who cares? Away fans? mad, just bluddy mad.
A cat will run onto the pitch...........................they couldn't even be arsed to get a bluddy dog!

8322aaa98676bb8d1bbda7b4e50cf5c1.jpg

So Eastwood starts , let’s hope Robbo knows what he’s doing

No excuses with that line-up. Full strength aside from Mous and if Kashi plays to his undoubted potential you could even make a case for him as the preferred DM of the two. I suppose the break to the next league game allows us to go balls out tonight but would have preferred some game time for others.
That notwithstanding COYY!

Back
Top Bottom