Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/01/2019 Bury v OUFC Checkatrade Trophy +++

Are people really moaning about the players doing a good thing and paying back the 100 fans who went last night?!
So they should pay them back. Watching the game last night you could see the players weren’t bothered and it was a game they didn’t fancy in those conditions!
I’ve said it before and I’ve said it again, the players have got off lightly so far this season but Robinson is right, they were a disgrace last night!

If you work with or manage a team that perform poorly there is a cause.
A good manager identifies it and resolves it.
Creating division in the team isn`t the way forward and neither is adopting a blame culture.
KR needs to engage with the experienced players & natural leaders (there will be some!!) to carry his message onto the pitch (the job/task if you like) he needs to look at what is going well and ignite that message/ethos.
Teams are a collection of people who can choose to work well together — or not.
Each person contributes to the chemistry and function of the team, and everyone is responsible for their own contribution.
So in one swoop he has blamed everyone for failure..................

Last edited:
If you work with or manage a team that perform poorly there is a cause.
A good manager identifies it and resolves it.
Creating division in the team isn`t the way forward and neither is adopting a blame culture.
KR needs to engage with the experienced players & natural leaders (there will be some!!) to carry his message onto the pitch (the job/task if you like) he needs to look at what is going well and ignite that message/ethos.
Teams are a collection of people who can choose to work well together — or not.
Each person contributes to the chemistry and function of the team, and everyone is responsible for their own contribution.
So in one swop he has blamed everyone for failure..................

He put out a strong side last night that should of been good enough to win. I’m not too sure what else he would of done?

The players are hiding behind the manager as they know he will take the blame rather than them and Robinson can see that so too right he came out and slated them all!

Personally if I went, I wouldn’t be arsed about a refund of what, £10? It’s just postering from Robinson which I think the whole club could have done without. On the pitch It’s time to knuckle down as a fan base and a football club and somehow try and scrape our way out of the mess that we are in and stay in league one.

I’m a b team boycott so I’m not bothered about the result. It’s always good to see us playing well so on that basis the result is a concern.

Like Denis said, you could clearly see some of the players weren’t arsed just look at Henry’s (lack of) celebration after his pen. Should the match have been played, questionable. Would a league game have taken place? Again, I’m not so sure.

I’d have liked Robinson to have played some fringe lads like Stevens, Long, Garbutt and maybe had a look at some of the lads performing in the 23’s and 18’s but hey hi, he didn’t. Let’s just hope Eastwood didn’t aggravate his injury further and the reported hamstrings of Browne and Brannagan aren’t serious.

101 fans at a tenner a ticket.

Less than a hundred pound each.

Would never do it for a league game with a decent following.

So many issues arise from this.

He hasn’t got a clue. PR is an absolute sham.

He put out a strong side last night that should of been good enough to win. I’m not too sure what else he would of done?

The players are hiding behind the manager as they know he will take the blame rather than them and Robinson can see that so too right he came out and slated them all!
At the end of the day it comes down to attitude. When we’re potentially up against it (Portsmouth recently, Peterborough, Doncaster etc) we perform well. When we turn up thinking we’ll win whatever (Bradford, Walsall, Northampton, Wimbledon etc) we under-perform and lose. It doesn’t sound as though the players cared too much about the result last night. Let’s hope the theory works next Tuesday.

A philosophical moment (am on the bog which is where a lot of my philosophical thoughts occur):
Imagine if we had social media and all the extra web access to information and misinformation during the non league relegation/atkins/kemp/Thames Valley Royals etc years! (yes we had the net but the amount of extra news/rumour sources available today are way higher), remember it has been far worse than this season (and this season is indeed bad) - I think it also seems worse as we have more ways to see, be granted (and denied) information and ways to speculate about what's going wrong behind the scenes.
Am not sure what my point is aside from this: the club has failed in the past, and it has caused us grief and upset back then as it is now and in all likelihood will do again in the future, but let's keep our chins up and not go into super meltdown until we actually have an 'R' beside our team on the league table. (and even then - we wouldn't have had the joy of York at Wembley to enjoy if there wasn't the grief of Leyton at home).
Don't get the blues, win or lose: up the Us!

(plop)

A philosophical moment (am on the bog which is where a lot of my philosophical thoughts occur):
Imagine if we had social media and all the extra web access to information and misinformation during the non league relegation/atkins/kemp/Thames Valley Royals etc years! (yes we had the net but the amount of extra news/rumour sources available today are way higher), remember it has been far worse than this season (and this season is indeed bad) - I think it also seems worse as we have more ways to see, be granted (and denied) information and ways to speculate about what's going wrong behind the scenes.
Am not sure what my point is aside from this: the club has failed in the past, and it has caused us grief and upset back then as it is now and in all likelihood will do again in the future, but let's keep our chins up and not go into super meltdown until we actually have an 'R' beside our team on the league table. (and even then - we wouldn't have had the joy of York at Wembley to enjoy if there wasn't the grief of Leyton at home).
Don't get the blues, win or lose: up the Us!

(plop)
Too much information. (Yours) ?

The full game replay is available to watch on iFollow for free if anyones interested.

Not as bad as I first thought then? Just watching Sky Sport roundup of last nights trophy games where at at. "... a seven thriller, Bury won 4-3."

Hey ho!

Close, but no cigar

God it looked bad last night, it looks worse today we just looked completely uninterested and as someone else posted Henry almost looked p****d off he had scored from the penalty

5 masterclass lessons in finishing (from l2 players) ...... cup games (even the Harvey experimental competition) have tendancy to provide upsets. In the cold light of day 1) it was the checkatrade trophy, which attendance show doesnt appeal to many supporters (albeit the club take it seriously) 2) bury are an in form side who are looking likely to be a l1 side next season, if before kick-off there were just 6 places in the pyramid separating us and them- let's remember there were 21 places between us n pompey yet we convincingly beat them on Sat. 3) it's s**t when your team gets not only beaten but embarrassingly hammered by a team from a lower league- that's cup football 4) the team that had confident strikers starting and others on the bench too easily beat the team that didnt-which should there have been any doubt whatsoever ,(in the boardroom or coaching staffs mind ),before ,there shouldn't be now that the need for strikers is imperative 5) we have a squad ,albeit with a few additions needed, capable of playing good football and beating any side in l1. Trouble is consistancy is a major problem this season. Question is why, and how to rectify it and fast?

Perhaps, before these games in far flung corners of Britain, the players could convey some idea of their mood before fans travel, just to be helpful.

A series of buttons On the back of the team bus seats could give the right indication of our chances of winning.
I suggest top button should be...
1: can’t be arsed
2: I’m quietly injured
3: I’m too good to be sub
4: I’m not good enough to be sub
5: I’m bang up for this
6: We won’t win this one
7: This’ll be a piece of P**s

Feel free to edit these as you feel fit.
Of course, it goes without saying that the results should not be available to the opposition.?

Back
Top Bottom