Away Match Day Thread +++ 22/01/2019 Bury v OUFC Checkatrade Trophy +++

We beat the team who are top of league one on Saturday, in a much bigger game.

When did people start having meltdowns about results in the paint pot? It’s never been a competition for much of a reaction whatever it’s form, don’t see why that would ever change.
I’m not sure I understand this ‘it was the paint pot trophy so doesn’t count’ argument to be honest. Jerome and Nathan said the same thing. Basically ‘phew thankfully that wasn’t a league game so nobody should give the team stick’. If it’s the first team, in a competitive game, and they ship 5 goals, surely that’s a concern going forward no matter what competition it’s in..?

I’m not sure I understand this ‘it was the paint pot trophy so doesn’t count’ argument to be honest. Jerome and Nathan said the same thing. Basically ‘phew thankfully that wasn’t a league game so nobody should give the team stick’. If it’s the first team, in a competitive game, and they ship 5 goals, surely that’s a concern going forward no matter what competition it’s in..?
We are only good if we really go for it. In a lesser competition we were possibly playing with less intensity

Our defending was terrible. Back 4 played like they didn’t want to be injured. Graham did ok. Bury useful team who played the conditions far better.

I prefer to remember Saturday’s game...

We were battered by a well organised scoring machine.
We had no means of reply.
Too many mistakes from every player tonight.
Maybe a case of “after the Lord Mayors ball “
Players Need to get back on track against Barnsley.
And I need to get some shuteye on the coach journey back to The Grenoble Concrete Company .
Goodnight !

When asked about incoming players he said he spent 4 hours today watching clips of forwards. Doesn’t sound like we’re very close on that front then..

This is the most worrying post on this thread.....22 Jan and he's watching players on the telly. It's like he only realised we needed a striker or two when the window opened on 1 Jan and not at any time in the 2 months before FFS.

We were battered by a well organised scoring machine.
We had no means of reply.
Too many mistakes from every player tonight.
Maybe a case of “after the Lord Mayors ball “
Players Need to get back on track against Barnsley.
And I need to get some shuteye on the coach journey back to The Grenoble Concrete Company .
Goodnight !
Hope you got some enjoyment out of the evening mate!

We are only good if we really go for it. In a lesser competition we were possibly playing with less intensity
I think that would worry me more than anything. If we’ve got players in the team ‘not up for’ a first team fixture or prepared to give 100% every time they cross the white line then Robinson needs to get them out of the club. They’re not what we need in a relegation battle.

I'm glad the players are ponying up for the fans travel costs. It's the least they can do. But the manager has to be careful about dogging on them all the time, but equally how much can you protect them from the realities?

I’m going to put my head on the line and go with the ‘stick up for KR’ today.

I don’t think he did a lot wrong with the line up. A couple of tweaks but largely our best XI and with no game on Saturday a chance to really go for it. Why not stick a decent team out?

The defence that kept Pompey out went to pieces and experienced heads didn’t do their jobs. Even our normally reliable goalkeeper had a howler. We learned that Kashi and Carruthers aren’t match fit (we knew that already in all likelihood) and that Eastwood needs some recovery time. We also now know how good Whyte and Mousinho are when they aren’t in the side.

It’s a painful way to exit the trophy but it’s still the trophy regardless. I’m annoyed about it but the histrionics on here are something else. We beat Pompey at the weekend, folks!

We beat Pompey yes, that makes this performance even worse to take. We are so inconsistent it’s unbelievable. The mistakes these players keep making, in industry or any normal job with responsibilities they would be disciplined or even sacked. They’ve ruined my Christmas and new year and now my holiday too!

I’m going to put my head on the line and go with the ‘stick up for KR’ today.

I don’t think he did a lot wrong with the line up. A couple of tweaks but largely our best XI and with no game on Saturday a chance to really go for it. Why not stick a decent team out?

The defence that kept Pompey out went to pieces and experienced heads didn’t do their jobs. Even our normally reliable goalkeeper had a howler. We learned that Kashi and Carruthers aren’t match fit (we knew that already in all likelihood) and that Eastwood needs some recovery time. We also now know how good Whyte and Mousinho are when they aren’t in the side.

It’s a painful way to exit the trophy but it’s still the trophy regardless. I’m annoyed about it but the histrionics on here are something else. We beat Pompey at the weekend, folks!
We’ll if we put in a good performance against Barnsley we can draw a line under this and move on. Fingers crossed it was just a blip, but we don’t know that yet, and that’s why there’s an element of concern. It’s possible that Portsmouth was the blip..

I know that this is contrary to your 'We're Doomed' narrative.....but yes, I think we probably will avoid relegation.

There's a bunch of thoroughly mediocre-to-poor teams in League One this year, who could have a bad run and get themselves relegated. Frankly everyone from Fleetwood in 8th on down.

We have shown on, admittedly rare, occasions this season that we can actually play at times. Saturday against the league leaders being a prime example. We need half a dozen performances like that over the last 18 games, plus a handful of scrappy draws. I think that's more likely than not.

Bookies seem to have us at 3/1 against to get relegated at the moment.

They maybe mediocre, but for the most part, they are mediocre teams we cannot beat.

How are they going to arrange this reimbursement? Me and my dad went tonight. Paid cash on the gate and didn’t get a stub. No chance we’ll see that £10 again.

Exactly what I was going to post.
You watch it will be the same scenario as who was at the World Cup final in 1966. Apparently if everyone that claims to have been at Wembley was actually there, the crowd would have been in the millions.
I can see the ticket office next Tuesday dealing with 4000 claims for a £10 refund, when only 101 were there.
Me, I’m putting in for a 2 night hotel stopover as well.

Back
Top Bottom