Away Match Day Thread 21/5/2021 Playoff L1 Blackpool FC V OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think a 3-3 away draw against a team that last conceded on 24th of April is an embarrassing end.

Meh, tonight's game in isolation was meaningless. We lost 6-3.

Embarrassing?! How? We held our own against a team better than us tonight.

As I replied to @chuckbert, tonight was meaningless in isolation.

It gave no comfort. I never once had the feeling that Blackpool couldn't match us had we taken a meaningful lead.

Think blackpool stepped off the gas 2nd half. They took off there better players as well to rest them. big difference in class between the two teams. If we get our full backs sorted, a couple of strong midfielders, replace our squad players with players that are good enough for starting 11 and occassionally change formation we have a good chance next season. Have also been disappointed with our loans this season. Take blackpool and lincolns this season in comparison.

Well an embarrassing end to what's been a decent and enjoyable season.

Plenty to be positive about and the points that need addressing are obvious to all.

Hoping for big seasons from Sykes, Agyei and Atkinson. They are more than capable.
Embarrassing?? Mmm

Well we played well. Happy we made a good account tonight.

As for Blackpool, f**k them. Arrogant wankers.

Sky can f**k off too. Bias from minute one. Lee Hendrie is an absolute A*****e with a gambling habit. w****r.

Proud of the lads. Bring on next season.
Eh? How are they arrogant?

Onwards and upwards. Robinson you need to get you act together if you are staying.
Get Barker that plane ticket back to Scotland, I will give him a lift to the airport if needed.
Get Ruffles a one way bus ticket to wherever he is going to.
Get Henry a yearly golf membership so he can retire quietly somewhere.
Lee can go back to classy Luton, no thanks.

If we can get rid of the deadwood and overrated players that we bought in and get some business done early, we might do well next year.
Well if you want Henry to retire based on these two games then I assume you want Branaghan to be sold as he was worse

I think 9 of the 13 that played tonight can be proud of the fight they showed today. Barker in particular has REALLY disappointed me over the two games. Playing for a contract in the Championship rather than playing to get Oxford there. Lee was anonymous, he and Henry really struggle to make anything happen without Long there. Ruffs was better today but over the course of the two games he didn't have the same fight of the others out there.

To try and put a positive spin on things, League One looks like a fun league next year, the takeover will hopefully come in soon, and our defenders have probably turned off any Championship suitors so hopefully we can keep hold of them. Bring back Mide of the loanees, not fussed about the rest anymore, another winger and some defensive cover and we'll be alright next year.

Last edited:
I hope Blackpool go up - we've been on their level the past few years but this tie has shown that they've made the next step. Really good professional outfit, passionate fans who put our atmosphere to shame. The upside is if Lincoln beat Sunderland I don't really have to care about the final.

We need to have a clear out and get some names in early. We need to have a sensible pre-season. We need to start our season in August and not December.

Then again, we needed to try something inventive tonight and did we? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom