Away Match Day Thread 21/11/2020 L1 Wigan Athletic v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
I feel pretty certain that if we don't get a win then I, as unofficial MDT starter, will be hung, drawn, and quartered.
But our real season begins at Wigan. Definitely feel a win in my water, if only to save my skin.

Oops! Lesson learnt. But that 'puter thingy did start the thread all on its own. Clever bit of tin and wires 🤗
Now, after more than 40 years away from the UK I will try to learn that I'm always 1 hour ahead of Blighty. 🥴

Last edited:
This seems like the kind of fixture we need at the moment but, being Oxford, we know that the opposition being in a spot of bother no guarantee that we will prosper in a fixture. So I was wondering what, as an Oxford fan, are the kind of things that you least like to hear said before a game (not specifically this one) - ie, the things that should give us a better chance, but in fact never do. I'll start the ball rolling...
  • They've just sacked their manager
  • They've got financial problems
  • They haven't won for 10 games
  • Their best players are injured
  • Their best players are suspended
  • We've gone up early to be extra prepared for this game
  • We always do well there
  • We never do well there
Having said all that, I'll predict a 2-0 Oxford win...

This seems like the kind of fixture we need at the moment but, being Oxford, we know that the opposition being in a spot of bother no guarantee that we will prosper in a fixture. So I was wondering what, as an Oxford fan, are the kind of things that you least like to hear said before a game (not specifically this one) - ie, the things that should give us a better chance, but in fact never do. I'll start the ball rolling...
  • They've just sacked their manager
  • They've got financial problems
  • They haven't won for 10 games
  • Their best players are injured
  • Their best players are suspended
  • We've gone up early to be extra prepared for this game
  • We always do well there
  • We never do well there
Having said all that, I'll predict a 2-0 Oxford win...

They have a player we were heavily linked with

They have an ex-player of ours who was crap

They have an ex-player of ours who didn't play often

It's Bristol Rovers at home

EnSIF8HXMAEavB2

Today’s hard copy match programme ,

if you’re an hour ahead can you let me know if it’s worth buying a match pass
It's always worth it! The club get a share or your tenner and, if you're lucky, you won't have relegation nightmares tonight.

Can only see another 2-0 defeat. Results won't pick up until after January at which point the defence needs to be totally changed. Easier said than done and the damage maybe done by then.

Last edited:
1-2 today a very scrappy game not pretty to watch but I don’t care agyei - Henry with our goals 🤞🤞🤞

This would be a tacked on 0-0 normally. But a clean sheet? Doubtful.
Let's say 2-1 to us, more out of hope than expectation.

What I think the team should be:

Stevens
Long Moore Mousinho Obita
Gorrin
Forde Sykes
Agyei Taylor Cooper​

What I fear the team will be:

Eastwood
Clare Moore Long Ruffels
Kelly
Forde Sykes
Henry Taylor Shodipo​