Away Match Day Thread 21/11/2020 L1 Wigan Athletic v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would not be starting Kelly on this pitch. Would have liked to see Ruffels dropped and Obita at left back with Agyei ahead of him. Henry still getting in?

Glad to see Clare isn't at right back and glad to see Atkinson back (hope he is properly fit).
Kelly rather than Sykes seems a bit odd. McGuane had better show more than he has or a Kelly/McGuane attacking midfield is going to be very ineffective. Henry lucky to retain his place on the right.

• React
Reactions: UTM
Why is Kelly playing .... Josh needs a rest should have been on bench perhaps
Glad Long is RB he’s much better defensively than Clare but then I suppose I am, and I’m 62

I have my doubts that the pairing of Kelly and McGuane will put enough of a stamp on the game. Defence with Gorrin ahead of them is at least what I would ideally like to see. Looking forward to Clare replacing Henry at some point.

COYFY

Looking at the picture on Ifollow there are 6 in a circle.....I hope they’re just swapping stories and not discussing whether the game should be off.🤔

Famous last words, but we really should be beating Wigan. Whilst we might bemoan losing players like Dickie and Browne in the summer and not adequately replacing them, Wigan have had that with almost every position on the pitch. We're near the bottom because good players have been playing poorly, whereas for Wigan they're down there because they have a genuinely poor side.

• React
Reactions: UTM
EnWlGmgXYAAmdRO

That midfield is definitely suspect.
And why oh why, when we can play 5 subs, do we waste a space on Mous? He has a dodgy knee and cannot seriously be taken as a viable option.

Blimey! Wigans keeper is knocking on a bit ? The Clash had a song on their first album that kind of name checked him ;)
Kelly- Maguane midfield a brave call....idve preferred Sykes/Forde, Sykes/Clare or Clare/Forde in midfield instead

Is lockdown 2 getting to KR?

That midfield is definitely suspect.
And why oh why, when we can play 5 subs, do we waste a space on Mous? He has a dodgy knee and cannot seriously be taken as a viable option.
If we are a goal up with the ten-fifteen minutes to go he could be needed as a steadying influence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom