Away Match Day Thread +++ 21/09/19 L1: Lincoln City v OUFC +++

Getting the two wide men (and our biggest goal threats in Fosu and Henry) further forward and closer to the lone forward certainly paid of yesterday. Fair play to Robinson for showing some flexibility, sometimes even little changes can make a big difference as shown.

4-2-3-1 seems to require to many phases of play to get the ball into the danger areas, that leads to a lot more opportunities for it to break down at league one level. I think it might be a formation for prem teams or approaching that level, players at our level probably need it a bit more direct and simpler.

Whilst Jack Payne is technically a good footballer, it does seem that having a midfielder who sits in the space he wants to play in means he becomes anonymous, as he did towards the end of his spell with us when the opposition worked him out. I'd be surprised if he long term remains part of MApp's plans.

Last edited:
Who on here thinks we are going to click like this every time.......I suspect no one

How did Duffy do?

Quest is sooooo much better with the team now running it. Colin Murray seems pretty even handed towards teams and as has been said before, not afraid to praise when praise is due. Long may he continue.

Think Duffy was 12th man.........don't know how much it cost him.....

One of the reasons L1 players are in L1 is their consistency so I think we have to brace ourselves that it could be a slog against Gillingham and as fans we should be jumping through hoops if we sneak a 1-0 after conceding 70% possession. 8 or 9 points in next 4 games and our season will be bubbling along nicely with a realistic chance of bringing it to the boil in the spring.

wasn’t too shabby on saturday was it.
Lincoln had a good start to the season but sounds like their league 1 honeymoon has come to an end.
puts me in a dilemma now though cos every time i’m unable to listen to radio oxford we win!

wasn’t too shabby on saturday was it.
Lincoln had a good start to the season but sounds like their league 1 honeymoon has come to an end.
puts me in a dilemma now though cos every time i’m unable to listen to radio oxford we win!
If you need someone to pop over and put a sledgehammer through your radio, let me know. For the greater good of course.

Back
Top Bottom