Away Match Day Thread +++ 21/09/19 L1: Lincoln City v OUFC +++

Jack Payne always scores when playing against us, so any forecast giving Lincoln as scoreless is bound to be wrong.

So, today the boys will sparkle as reward for the faithful travellers. 2-1 for the mighty Yellows.
But I for one am being unfaithful today.My Street (cul-de-sac) is having its annual Street party with kick-off timed for 3pm (UK). Good weather for it, last year's was rained off.
And I am also AWOL on Wednesday. Bridge evening. b****r Sky for moving the Hammers match this weekend.

Call yourself a supporter? Hah.

Why not go to Mousinho protecting the back 4? Worked well last time round. I’d go

Eastwood

Long Dickie Moore Ruffels

Mousinho

Forde Brannagan Fosu
Henry

Taylor

Does anyone know if the club shop or the corn market shop will be open on an away match day and if so what hours?

I’m on a rare sojourn to God’s own city

Phew! Scared the crap out of me then. Thought Mapp had made his first signing for a second..
PLAYED FOR BOTH : Rob Dickie, Trevor Hebberd, Matt Green, Jack Payne,
Kevin Sandwith, Luke Foster and Ben Futcher.

DGIuZapW0AAOwnm
Have you forgotten Bud Houghton. 69 goals in 106 appearances for United. Scored well for Lincoln also.

Have you forgotten Bud Houghton. 69 goals in 106 appearances for United. Scored well for Lincoln also.
Bud Houghton was a fine footballer, blessed with a brilliant 'first touch' control. His goals for us were a big factor in getting elected to the Football League. After Lincoln he went back to Southern League football and finally ended up turning out for Morris Motors, an Oxford amateur side.

Bud Houghton was a fine footballer, blessed with a brilliant 'first touch' control. His goals for us were a big factor in getting elected to the Football League. After Lincoln he went back to Southern League football and finally ended up turning out for Morris Motors, an Oxford amateur side.
I can vaguely remember Bud Houghton scoring a few - though I was an ankle biter at the time

Last edited:
Just had a walk into the village to sort dinner and walked past the local sports ground. Watched in some respect as the local boys team (U15, I think) went 3-0 up in the first ten minutes! Two corners, one went in direct, second from another superb cross and bit of a melee and third from route one, keeper to winger, winger crossed and bang, back of net.
So good to see lads out enjoying their football and showing some skills as well.
Maybe an omen for later. . . .

I can vaguely remember Bud Houghton scoring a few - though I was an ankle biter at the time
Remember him being replaced by Bill Calder from Bury, our first real money signing in Div4. Never looked fit, barrel chested would be the kindest description. Couldn't match Bud's score tally.

Remember him being replaced by Bill Calder from Bury, our first real money signing in Div4. Never looked fit, barrel chested would be the kindest description. Couldn't match Bud's score tally.
Calder was an early prototype for Akinfenwa ... Barrel on legs :sneaky:

Bud did it non league. 9-0 Wisbech, 8-2 Bexleyheath, 7-2 Kings Lynn...AWAY. Clacton 6-0 AWAY. It really was a turkey shoot in 1960. Memorable days.

Win, lose or draw. I’d say all three results are pretty likely the way we have started this season. I’ll be positive and go for 2-1 Taylor and Henry

Does anyone remember the game at the breeze block when 4/5 lincoln fans all dressed up, walked the whole length of the North Stand and started fighting with bemused Oxford fans.
Completely unchallenged, they then walked back to their end.

Back
Top Bottom