Away Match Day Thread +++ 21/09/19 L1: Lincoln City v OUFC +++

If KR gets hammered for Bolton we should also give credit to him for today.

Set up with the opposition in mind, totally nullified them and used our quality to impose our game.

Gorrin was fantastic, Henry and Cadden great as ever...as I keep saying, make the most of Caddens crosses and we will mop up (especially Taylor).

The main thing today was the threat behind, mainly Fosu...such a chance up to Mackie who is a little one dimensional.

Was sceptical of Woodburn in the midfield...would probably prefer Baptiste long term but the set up was spot on today...the blueprint for away performances

Yeah, obviously took on board some of the comments about changing the system which is a good thing.

I wouldn’t be expecting a classic next week against Gills. They’ll have seen this result and will probably set up with all 11 behind the ball. It’ll be about us trying to break them down with them having the occasional counter I reckon. Hopefully we can get an early goal to open the game up.

I think Fatty McCheat will believe in his team can win by outplaying us (as his old teams' have done or tried to do in the past) as in the last 5 league games they won 2, drawn 2, lost 1. The loss was yesterday to in form Ipswich and Gillingham pushed them close from what I've seen.

7 shots on target. Based on the quality of chances we created we should have scored once...yesterday was very good but that won’t be happening each week!
It actually says 7 shots but yes I agree that we wont score 6 out of 7 on target often.
There were a couple if the other shots not on target that were very close.
Woodburn hit one from distance in the first game that was very close to going in.
Having been to Blackpool away we genuinely could have scored as many there as we did yesterday had everything clicked.

2 nil Lincoln. We are so weak against set plays and Lincoln are super strong, plus Tyler Walker is on fire.

Kip - I am happy to confirm that Tyler Walker has been found safe and well after being on fire.

He emerged , confused and indeed, shell shocked, from Rob Dickie’s pocket at around 5pm last night.

He is now being cared for and comforted by Mr Michael Appleton.

EFDzBzSXYAAEraO

6 goals. 7 shots sounds as if we put everything in. We actually had 13 shots.
An intersting read , although I think that things are just a little more nuanced than has been suggested.
Just watching the broadcast on iFollow, and we've had 6 shots in the first 23 minutes and we're still only a goal up.

Just watched the extended highlights and a few points:

1) It beautifully demonstrates the ridiculousness of the Lincoln OWS match report with this "The Imps were almost level within a minute, Bruno Andrade overlapping on the left and beating Chris Cadden to strike a low cross which flashed across the face of goal and within inches of being touched home by both Tyler Walker and Harry Anderson who were racing in at the back post." It was feet not inches.

2) It wasn't a foul on Payne before the 1st goal imo.

3) Can the club challenge Dickie's yellow and get it transferred to the correct player as it was Thorne who actually pushed Andrade?

4) For the Dickie/Thorne booking, Andrade like a scummy modern cheating footballer went down holding his face when the contact wasn't with his face and after he caused the incident by pushing Thorne following the foul. Did he get booked as he should have as well?

5) I like the away kit.

6) As has been said previously by many, some really superb goals and build up play for those goals.

Why:
. can we be abysmal on Tuesday, brilliant on Saturday
. can I be calling for KR's head then seeing a performance like yesterday's
. Is watching the mighty Yellows such a roller-coaster?

That is the enigma that is OUFC.
Don't tempt us on Q2

I like Colin Murray as he is one of the few presenters that really likes and understands lower league football. Oh and he clearly has a soft spot for Oxford.
Agree with you re Taylor. A real proper strikers goal. He could score a lot for us.
It yesterday we had a great game won comfortably and yes he did praise us but on other occasions we may win 1-0 and the only get mentioned by the announcement of our game no matter who we play. There have been a couple of times in the past where we’ve won but the only comments have been about the other team, and we may get the “ and Oxford get a corner and Joe Bloggs scores with a header “ and they say he was unmarked as if to say we hadn’t done the hard work to get the free header and more about how Joe Bloggs wasn’t picked up.

Just noticed Bolton have drawn 3 lost 1 out of 4 at home. Draws include Coventry, Sunderland and us.
Makes me wonder if the meltdown was warranted? Particularly given yesterdays result.

Back
Top Bottom