Away Match Day Thread +++ 21/09/19 L1: Lincoln City v OUFC +++

Gary Baldi

Seeing as no one else has started a thread, I will. Time for the first away win in the league for the season please!

If we play the way we did against Bolton the a 4-0 defeat. Fortunately it is unlikely CAN play any worse. So only a 1-0 defeat.

Please let me end up with egg on my face!!!!

Hopefully we’ll see Thorne & Baptiste put in the middle instead of Gorrin & Woodburn after their performances Tuesday. I’d also consider putting Berkoe in for Ruffels who had a torrid time Tuesday.

In a way, it was probably down to me to start the match thread....
Two taxis booked for 11.45am to take the 8 I have staying with me for the 10 minute journey into the city centre and come win, lose or draw we are going to have a cracking day, evening and night.....
Anyway, the anticipation of this game after the first two games of the season saw Lincoln top of the league with two wins and The Yellows sitting pretty after two cracking results away to Sunderland and home to Peterborough respectively......
6 weeks on and how fortunes can change, Lincoln are manager-less and on the back of 3 defeats and 1 draw in the last 4 matches and we can not even beat a Bolton side who have shipped in 23 goals in only 6 games.
It’s a chance for both teams to kick start their season and we need it more than them.
It’s disappointing that we could not sell out or even get close to the allocation we were given backed up by the announcement a short while ago that it is now ‘pay on the day’ for our supporters.
The game will be won by the team that has the desire to go the extra mile, I am not expecting a free flowing game by any shadow of imagination and both camps will expect to take 3 points in a game that can literally go either way......
Lincoln City 1
OXFORD UTD 2
Taylor & Brannagan with the goals
Att - 8709 (511 yellows)

Making a good day of this one.
Mrs BR and I are Looking to get up to Lincoln reasonably early to have a look around the city.
As for the game, it could be interesting if Mapp is announced as manager before kick off.
I for one will give him a warm ovation. That was a hell of a team he put together and we have failed to recapture that feel good feeling ever since he left.
A draw would be a likely result here, but if we are hoping to get our season back on track, then we should be looking to win this one. Away win, 1-2?

Both Lincoln and the U's had reasonable starts to the season, since then both have had a bit of a slump,
I think to get anything out of tomorrows game KR needs to rethink his thus far prefered set up

id like to see Long in at FB allowing Cadden ( or another midfielder) to push on further with Long shoring up and covering in defence.... Mackie and Taylor both starting up front with Mackie shithousing and Taylor feeding off chances created

If KR makes the right calls tactically, Id reckon on the first away win of this season, a close match with the U's winning 1-2 , the winner coming late on from Ruffles

Not so much a "must win" as more a "must try and win"

Radox on iFollow for us tomorrow. Mrs Lounger is insisting on a bottle of fizz in the fridge so a win for us! COYY's ??

Hopefully we’ll see Thorne & Baptiste put in the middle instead of Gorrin & Woodburn after their performances Tuesday. I’d also consider putting Berkoe in for Ruffels who had a torrid time Tuesday.
Mmm the last thing I reckon we need to do is give a debut to a young defender at Lincoln.
Ruffels with be vital in the air (Lincoln tely a lot on set pieces)
I would bring in Long for that exact reason and move Cadden further forward.
Mackie will probably be back and Taylor on the bench and maybe Baptiste for Woodburn?

Lincoln 1 - Oxford 3. We will get an early goal from a corner (Dickie) followed up a great team move on the break finished by Taylor. Lincoln scoring late to get the nerves going before a late third from Fosu.

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Cadden Brannagan Gorrin Baptiste Fosu
Agyei

1-2, Cadden + Agyei

Perfect game for Lincoln to shake off their post-managerial blues.

As ever, we are likely to bow to a team going through a difficult period.

2-1 to Lincoln.

Great amount of optimism on this thread but I can’t see us getting anything here. 3-1 Lincoln.

Surprised no one has mentioned Sykes. Surely worth starting over Woodburn at CAM. Not necessarily a dig at our young scouser, but he has been playing a lot and is due a rest, while Sykes merits a start. The back end of last season showed how promising he can be with a run in the team so would like to see more of him now the fixtures are coming thick n fast.

Would also like to see Taylor open his account.

A tad off topic this. I remember Headington United played Lincoln in a "Floodlit Friendly" back in late 1959. We lost 4-2 but the whole aim of Arthur Turner was to get us recognised in the football world. Who the hell knew the whereabouts of Headington? Anyway, friendlies continued with Charlton, Port Vale, Plymouth Argyle, Scunthorpe, Notts County and many more. Attendances averaged around 4000 and I am sure this influenced our entry into the League in 1962. In those days the League Chairman voted who went out and who came into the 4th Division. Arthur Turner was a trailblazer and put our football club where it is today. Virtually all the teams from the then Southern League have fallen away. 120 goals FOR in 1961 says it all. The club was a big fish in a small pool.

I think 0-4 is a bit pessimistic, but who knows what team (if a team at all) we'll put out?

Great amount of optimism on this thread but I can’t see us getting anything here. 3-1 Lincoln.

Surprised no one has mentioned Sykes. Surely worth starting over Woodburn at CAM. Not necessarily a dig at our young scouser, but he has been playing a lot and is due a rest, while Sykes merits a start. The back end of last season showed how promising he can be with a run in the team so would like to see more of him now the fixtures are coming thick n fast.

Would also like to see Taylor open his account.
Not sure there is that much optimism looking at most scores .
I would much rather have Henry, Cadden, Baptiste, Fosu ahead of Sykes.

Back
Top Bottom