Home Match Day Thread +++ 21/08/18 OUFC v Accrington Stanley +++

As I'm working close to the ground, I have half a mind to wait for the team sheet to come out and only go if he's had the guts to drop the players that need to be dropped.

As I'm working close to the ground, I have half a mind to wait for the team sheet to come out and only go if he's had the guts to drop the players that need to be dropped.
What?? Seriously?
Hopefully the vast majority of supporters will go and support the team.
I rate our support generally to be far better than that.

2-0 to us. Nervy to start with, but a goal from Henry will settle them down. Smith to wrap it up late on.

I think we will finally hit the ground running and pull off a 3 nil win. Hard to know who will play but I'll go with Smith x2 and one of our defenders from a corner!

Mitchell
Norman Nelson Mous Garbutt
Brannagan Baptiste
Whyte Henry Browne
Smith

1-0, Smith. COYY

Shame you’re not the manager if you know so much

I assume, as nobody on here has mentioned it and KR hasn’t tried it, that Norman definitely can’t play LB to replace Garbutt? If he can then that would be the most obvious change, as whilst McMahon hasn’t set the world alight, he has been reasonably steady at RB. Perhaps McMahon could adapt to LB as a temporary measure? I don’t think Ruffels is enough of an improvement over Garbutt.

I’d also switch out Rob Dickie as he is all over the place. Nelson has been well below par too, but you only have to see RD’s OG on Saturday to realise he’s lost his mojo for now.

If KR is prepared to go 2 up front, then that may be the only position right for Mackie? If he’s capable of holding the ball up for Smith etc? Big IF perhaps based on his woeful performances in the first 3 games. If not there then he shouldn’t feature at all. Surely Whyte deserves at least 45 mins?

I didn’t think I’d ever say this but I’d start Mousinho ahead of Hanson. The latters debut was one of the worst I’ve witnessed. You’ve got to think (hope) game time is what he needs, but this match is a vital 3 points for us.

On a more positive note I think we’ll scrape a 2-1 win. I still think we’ll turn the corner in the next few games and better times are ahead.

What?? Seriously?
Hopefully the vast majority of supporters will go and support the team.
I rate our support generally to be far better than that.
No, not seriously, hence the phrase: half a mind. But anyway, blind faith isn't a given. Crowds rise and fall with success and failure and everyone knows that.

KR post Portsmouth defeat: ‘People are feeling sorry for themselves’
KR pre Accrington Stanley: ‘I don’t think anyone is feeling sorry for themselves’

I’m struggling to keep up..

Worryingly he does say we have an honest group though. Who does that remind me of..?

He doesnt engage his brain before opening his mouth. Being kind.

Or to be blunt. He talks utter B*****s.

Not sure what to expect from tomorrow’s game. Not going to predict the line up or score line. Just want to see a positive performance. If we get four points from our next two games I’ll be ecstatic.

My starting line up would be;

Mitchell
Norman Dickie Mousinho Garbutt
Brannigan Hanson Ruffles
Henry
Obika Smith​

I think Norman and Garbutt in this system will flourish and offer the width when needed. This system plays to our strengths more without proven wingers. Also it’ll take opposition by surprise. If we play with wingers again at 4-2-3-1, we’re toast.

If we change tactic to this I think 2-1 with Smith and Obika. If we stay at 4-2-3-1 then 3-1 to Accy.

I'm another who isn't going to predict a score. I just want a performance and something for the fans to get excited about. We deserve much better for the support we give. I'm not going to say this is a game we should be winning because honestly the way we've played in the league we shouldn't be beating anybody. Let's just hope something clicks, whether it's the formation or players just showing some fight.

I'd go with:

Mitchell
Norman Dickie Mousinho Garbutt
Whyte Brannigan Henry Browne
Obika Smith

3-1
Smith 2 and Henry 1

Oxford 1 (Henry, 73’) Accy 1 (McConville, 90+1)

RadOx listeners to drop by 93% during KR’s post match ramble. (Not due to interference though as Nathan Cooper has stolen KR’s laptop and sold it to Nick Harris as a flatpack microwave).

First match as a season ticket holder tonight. Nice to start with a glamour match like Accrington.

Home win surely, failing that, some hope via a few players other than Henry turning up

Surprised so many have left Garbutt in their starting 11’s. I would definitely awitch him out.

Maybe watching a bit of league 1 will help him play it

Back
Top Bottom