Home Match Day Thread +++ 21/08/18 OUFC v Accrington Stanley +++

headingtonoldboy

I haven't done one of these for ages. I know it's a bit early but I want to get over Saturday as quickly as possible and look forward to the next game. I have a feeling we will get our first points on the board. We can't keep on playing badly. My team would be:

Mitchell
McMahon Raglan Mous Ruffles
Henry Hanson Brownie Whyte
Obika Smith.

with United winning 2-1. Don't care who scores!!!!!

Accy may be small, but they are no mugs. They have played 3, a win, draw and a loss.
I'd settle for a 1-0. If it's a defeat, stand by for forum meltdown.

1-0 win James Henry the scorer. Don't want to hear any tried there hardest BS. We have the quality but no identity. Wouldn't surprise me if Tiger pulls the trigger after Sunderland if things haven't changed. First game on sky for new man. Hopefully doesn't come to that.

Karl Robinson needs to be reactive throughout the game to make sure we stay on top.

Need to show big improvement. A win would change the mood and move us up a few places.
I am.hoping that we will be far more solid at the back.
Nick a couple of goals.
Accrington will be nowhere near as good as Barnsley and Pompey but will not be easy.

Yes , a massive massive improvement is needed and expected....if we don't respond, something is very very very wrong...1: 0 win....i hope

I absolutely don't want to be sitting on a bus back to Wantage at 11pm tomorrow feeling like I can't be arsed to go on Saturday. I'm not going to predict a score, as I don't want to be negative. Not confident, but hope springs eternal. COYY.

Not always relevant to us, but just watching the buildup to tonight's top division match on sky and Carragher and Neville are having a huge debate about whether Unai Emery should or shouldn't adapt his tactics this early in the season. Couldn't help but think some of the points apply to Robinson. Carragher is claiming he should adapt his tactics to suit the players he has and get results, whereas Neville is saying stick to the tactic and see which players sink or swim in it.....

My team would be:

Mitchell
Norman Nelson Mousinho Garbutt
Baptiste Brannagan
Holmes Henry Browne
Obika

If Holmes isn't fit then get Whyte in there.

KR post Portsmouth defeat: ‘People are feeling sorry for themselves’
KR pre Accrington Stanley: ‘I don’t think anyone is feeling sorry for themselves’

I’m struggling to keep up..

Worryingly he does say we have an honest group though. Who does that remind me of..?

Can't make this one due to working away. I do have an iFollow subscription, though. Do I have to pay the £10 match pass fee on top of my annual subscription? Or is the video streaming included? Website isn't clear to me.

Fourth game of the season and dreading it quite frankly. I’ll be there doing my best to urge the team on. Only point I want to make is about motivation. I just want the players to really be hurt by the last 3 performances and give us the performance and result we want. Simple. COYY

Feelings the same as Fourthstand. I worry about Sean McConville turning it on again for Stanley. Still COYY

Start with Henry and we've got a chance.

Fancy a bit of late drama. But not sure what kind of late drama

Can't make this one due to working away. I do have an iFollow subscription, though. Do I have to pay the £10 match pass fee on top of my annual subscription? Or is the video streaming included? Website isn't clear to me.
Had a look at the ordering system, logged in and all appears to indicate that the £10.00 charge is on top of the subscription. Not really very fair in my opinion but when did the EFL ever give a monkeys about the fans?

KR post Portsmouth defeat: ‘People are feeling sorry for themselves’
KR pre Accrington Stanley: ‘I don’t think anyone is feeling sorry for themselves’

I’m struggling to keep up..

Worryingly he does say we have an honest group though. Who does that remind me of..?
But are they focused?

A boost for us,Billy Kee a doubt for tomorrow. Hopefully means less presence up top for Accrington.

Back
Top Bottom