Away Match Day Thread +++ 21/04/2018 Doncaster v OUFC match day thread +++

Please god , please let us win this one, my nerves won't stand it if we don't.... just 3 measley little points would mean so much to so many... Come on you Yellows!!!

It's frustrating knowing that if Swindon were half decent last season and stayed up, we'd already be safe with the accustomed 6 points we get from them and wouldn't be in needing just 1 more win.

Hi peoples, I'm back the Promised Land (NL, which kept it's promises of a better future for me than the UK could offer}.
Today is a very important day for the U's. I hope that there is a mass exidus of Yellows fans heading up north and that they all have a safe journey and help bring home the much needed 3 points. I feel a good win coming, Donny can score so the defence has got to be in top form, but they are leaky at the back. High scoring game today, 4-2 to the mighty Yellows. And Obika will score at least one of them.
COYY

Looking forward to the game today and if we play with the same determination as recently I’m confident we will come away with 3 points.
3-1 to the u’s
COYY

This feels like Carlisle away to me. Season defining. It'll be tough they will try to make us pay for Ruffels goal in December.

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mousinho Ricardinho
Ledson
Brannagan Rothwell
Henry
Obika Thomas

I don't know why but we always play better with Obika and Thomas partnering each other even though they have poor conversion rates.

I'd drop Mowatt and start Rothwell or Ruffels. We look so much more dangerousn with Rothwell in the centre.

Doncaster can score they put 3 past Bury but there are signs of a frail defence because they also conceded 3 against them.

Ref tomorrow is Martin Coy who has reffed one game of ours this season 0-0 against Northampton.

52 points is the magic number id be content with a draw tomorrow and against Rochdale if they were 100% guarenteed. But i expect a strong performance and a win tomorrow.

1-0 cult hero John Mousinho scores to keep us up.

1050 away fans.
I dont agree with John Mousinho as a "culture hero". I do agree with Obika and Thomas together upfront.

On the way from Derby.
Who knows what to expect from this squad. It would be most wonderful if we turned a Peterborough away style performance in. But I think this will be a real nervy one with updates from all the other games spreading across the away end.

Things that will happen
- Lego will get booked
- Rothwell won't complete the full 90 if he starts
- Ferguson will berate the referee
- Mousinho will play a backpass without looking
- James Henry will score
- We will concede from a corner

Those suggesting that Donny are leaky at the back, I wouldn't base everything on their last game - they have 3 clean sheets in their last 6 games, 4 in their last 8. Conceding 3 to Bury is obviously bad, but Bury had 4 shots on goal, 3 on target. Probably just one of those days.

Would love a win but feel we would do well to play for a draw. Which I think we will get.

Play for a 0-0, keep it tight, and hope to hit them on the break or from a set piece imo.

0-0 FT. COYY!!

Too often recently we've played well with no return. Take a point and move on to next week. 2-2 Thomas and Rothwell

Hi peoples, I'm back the Promised Land (NL, which kept it's promises of a better future for me than the UK could offer}.
Today is a very important day for the U's. I hope that there is a mass exidus of Yellows fans heading up north and that they all have a safe journey and help bring home the much needed 3 points. I feel a good win coming, Donny can score so the defence has got to be in top form, but they are leaky at the back. High scoring game today, 4-2 to the mighty Yellows. And Obika will score at least one of them.
COYY
People’s Republic of North Leigh...??

Back
Top Bottom