Tickets £20's plenty (Bristol Rovers Away)

Bristol Rovers will have a reduced capacity for their games against FGR and OUFC, but they have already sold out?
I wonder if they are planning on taking some of our capacity from the away seating behind the goal?

Bristol Rovers will have a reduced capacity for their games against FGR and OUFC, but they have already sold out?
I wonder if they are planning on taking some of our capacity from the away seating behind the goal?

That would defeat the point of the punishment of reducing the capacity because of their fans actions. I would hope the FL (Bob Hope and no hope probably) and the SAG would block that as in effect it would be punishing our fans for their ill behaviour. Yes Bristol R would lose some income but that is hardly a punishment for the supporters misbehaving.

That would defeat the point of the punishment of reducing the capacity because of their fans actions. I would hope the FL (Bob Hope and no hope probably) and the SAG would block that as in effect it would be punishing our fans for their ill behaviour. Yes Bristol R would lose some income but that is hardly a punishment for the supporters misbehaving.
Looking at the club statement, the fans will be moved to the South Stand, which is The Tent where we are normally allocated away seating.

Looking at the club statement, the fans will be moved to the South Stand, which is The Tent where we are normally allocated away seating.

So OUFC should equally reduce their allowance in the return game if that is the case regardless of the minimum required to give them to make the point. Alternatively Oxford should be kicking up a ruckus now privately and publically as it is Oxford fans getting punished, not Bristol Rovers fans and use the 1st option if nothing changes.

Edit: Reading the article again, that looks like the Forest Green game where fans are getting moved into the South Stand, for the Oxford game they are getting moved into surrounding terracing.

Fulham: As such, though the new Riverside Stand has increased capacity by 3,900, the cheapest non-family-enclosure adult ticket for next season’s opening-day game against Liverpool is £65; there are other adult tickets on sale for £100; over-65s are given just £5 off; and in three of four stands, kids must pay between £50 and £70

I see that you can now buy a ticket for every Oxford home game this season, except one, Bristol Rovers.

So technically this game could be on ifollow as it's not a 3om kick off.. bet they don't!

I doubt Avon and Somerset Police consulted with many organisations within the football world, let alone one that represents those directly affected....

16 days notice by the way.

Thinking of the fans again.
I thought when they put the away tickets on sale that would have meant the date and time had been agreed.
My pre-booked trains get into Bristol Temple Meads at 11:35 and leave at 19:30. I don't really want to be rushing straight to the ground, and then hanging around for five hours afterwards. GWR offer a chance to change my advance ticket, with an admin fee of only £10 per ticket, so adds another £20 to the day, as well as getting up even earlier than normal.

I thought when they put the away tickets on sale that would have meant the date and time had been agreed.
My pre-booked trains get into Bristol Temple Meads at 11:35 and leave at 19:30. I don't really want to be rushing straight to the ground, and then hanging around for five hours afterwards. GWR offer a chance to change my advance ticket, with an admin fee of only £10 per ticket, so adds another £20 to the day, as well as getting up even earlier than normal.

Avon & Somerset Police should be paying that cost considering they basically said the only way they can police the fixture at current cost is at 12.30.

I do understand why it has been moved - but a complete joke that fixtures have been out for over 5 weeks and tickets been on sale. Surely as soon as fixtures come out someone at Avon and Somerset looks at rovers fixtures and go through them to see if any need re-arranging.
It’s unacceptable that fans have planned travel and now they move the time when nothing other than the police waking up has changed.

Back
Top Bottom