Tickets £20's plenty (Bristol Rovers Away)

SirAndyOfCrosby

Still no word on our matchday ticket prices (or for that matter, anything about memberships or the like) - but that's for another post.

However, I did notice other clubs are starting to release their prices, and noticed Rovers have done so.
As many clubs do these days, they’ve categorised games according to perceived popularity. No surprise, we’re Cat A.

What did surprise me was firstly some of the classifications (Ipswich and Sheff Wed are Cat B, for example) and secondly the massive disparity in pricing between the categories (we’re not talking a couple of quid here).

Looks like they are charging us a whopping £25 to stand on that awful terrace with the awful view. And, brace yourselves, £30 for the privilege of a seat in the marquee behind the goal.

Granted, we’re used to paying maybe £24-26 - but that’s usually for something better than that dump and usually still well shy of £30. Say what you want about the K*ssam but at least away fans get a decent view of the playing action for (last season, at least) £24.

Frustratingly, the same terrace and seats at Rovers will only cost Cambridge fans (who, by the way, should be insulted at being Cat C with the likes of Fleetwood and Morecambe) just £10 and £15 respectively. So we’re paying at least double.

I’m not usually put off by a couple of quid here or there, but this seems to me to be up there with the worst value available at this level (I can’t actually decide which is worse – the terrace at £25 or the seats at £30)!

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2022/july/ticket-pricing-010722/

I do wonder, as an aside, if we’ll be upping our matchday prices?
I did notice that the Jack FM offer that was posted on here last week suggested that SSL tickets at £13 was ‘Half Price’ – suggesting a normal ticket is £26.
The SSL has historically been the same price as the North Stand – so perhaps our SSL/North Stand prices will be £26 (up from £24) this season? Wonder if increases will also apply elsewhere? Obviously with the caveat that this is just Jack FM saying this!

Regardless, whatever happened to “£20’s plenty” for away fans? Wonder if we’ll see a decline in crowds across the Leagues this season if this is the way things are going...

Oddly though it may see folk going to that Rovers game at the expense of a "Home" fixture

If clubs want to do the whole Category A/B/C thing, that is of course up to them. But it should be home fans only, they should have a global away price for the season.

£20 is most definitely plenty.

I’m glad I can’t make the Rovers game now - £30 for that wedding marquee is a joke, now if you got the champagne and canapés I might be tempted…….

Bloody scandless to go to that pig stye, big no from me. Hope we can get it on ifollow for around a tenner

Buying an away ticket is usually the cheapest part of the day and still will be.
The travelling and the pre match drink (or drinks) and something to eat are far more expensive.
Fuel and train costs are out of control.
I applaud any yellows making the trips to most if not all away matches (there are a healthy number who do) however most yellows will pick and choose which towns and cities to visit depending on work commitments, family commitments, location, costs and game importance, it is very time consuming and costly being an away fan, it always has......

Difference in pricing between A and C is horrendous.

Just looking at last season's tickets for what I paid for a seat:

Sheff Weds - £26
Crewe - £25
Gillingham - £24
Wigan - £23
Wimbledon - £22
Doncaster - £21

Last edited:
It makes good PR for Reading. They only take about 50 fans away so the away club aren’t going to care if they charge £20 or £25 it’s not going to make much difference to their revenue.

Still no word on our matchday ticket prices (or for that matter, anything about memberships or the like) - but that's for another post.

However, I did notice other clubs are starting to release their prices, and noticed Rovers have done so.
As many clubs do these days, they’ve categorised games according to perceived popularity. No surprise, we’re Cat A.

What did surprise me was firstly some of the classifications (Ipswich and Sheff Wed are Cat B, for example) and secondly the massive disparity in pricing between the categories (we’re not talking a couple of quid here).

Looks like they are charging us a whopping £25 to stand on that awful terrace with the awful view. And, brace yourselves, £30 for the privilege of a seat in the marquee behind the goal.

Granted, we’re used to paying maybe £24-26 - but that’s usually for something better than that dump and usually still well shy of £30. Say what you want about the K*ssam but at least away fans get a decent view of the playing action for (last season, at least) £24.

Frustratingly, the same terrace and seats at Rovers will only cost Cambridge fans (who, by the way, should be insulted at being Cat C with the likes of Fleetwood and Morecambe) just £10 and £15 respectively. So we’re paying at least double.

I’m not usually put off by a couple of quid here or there, but this seems to me to be up there with the worst value available at this level (I can’t actually decide which is worse – the terrace at £25 or the seats at £30)!

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2022/july/ticket-pricing-010722/

I do wonder, as an aside, if we’ll be upping our matchday prices?
I did notice that the Jack FM offer that was posted on here last week suggested that SSL tickets at £13 was ‘Half Price’ – suggesting a normal ticket is £26.
The SSL has historically been the same price as the North Stand – so perhaps our SSL/North Stand prices will be £26 (up from £24) this season? Wonder if increases will also apply elsewhere? Obviously with the caveat that this is just Jack FM saying this!

Regardless, whatever happened to “£20’s plenty” for away fans? Wonder if we’ll see a decline in crowds across the Leagues this season if this is the way things are going...
What you need to understand that most of the Rovers fans will be traveling in tractors , and the price of diesel nowadays is high , that they need to cover the costs of this some how , and this is the only way from posh people from the great city of Oxford .................................;)

Away ticket prices for a standard adult for the opening weekend:

Sheffield Wed v Portsmouth £28

Ipswich v Bolton £27

Cheltenham v Peterborough £26

Cambridge United v MK Dons £24

Lincoln v Exeter £24

Bristol Rovers v Forest Green £22

Derby v Oxford £20

s**t stadium names isn't really something we can take the high ground with.
I don’t know. We don’t like “Kassam” because of the man, but it’s not actually a terrible stadium name. Wait until we move into the “08 98 27 27 27 - chatback! Stadium”

Back
Top Bottom