• Information about the new forum home page: here.

Championship 2024 Championship play off final - who to stay down?

Who do you want to stay in The Championship?

• Leeds

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Southampton

Votes: 25 92.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
I am LOVING the fact the CHAMPIONSHIP play off final will affect us.

Question is, who do you want to stay down to play next season?

As much as I would find it funny for Leeds to stay in The Championship. For me, it is Southampton to stay down. Would be a new ground for me (I went to The Dell) and is relatively close.

Got to be Southampton. Both are big fish in the second tier but we have never visited St Mary's and Leeds tend to hath no fury when they lose playoffs.

Getting away from the northern-centric looking League 1 this season was a bonus too. Let's get rid of another northern side in the second tier as well.

An away day at St Mary's would be much easier for most fans to get to and we'd take another massive sea of yellow, which would be fun to see - I'll be hoping it's Leeds that go up.

Can both stay down please. 😂

I voted Leeds as an ex coworker who is an absolute cock womble supports both Leeds and Swindon. Would love to rip him into next weekend.

It would have to be Southampton for me. I’ve not visited St Mary’s before. Easy to get to by train, although not sure how close the station is to the ground.

It would have to be Southampton for me. I’ve not visited St Mary’s before. Easy to get to by train, although not sure how close the station is to the ground.
mile and a bit walking - annoyingly you cross over the freight line to the docks right next to the ground (that can't take passengers).

Leeds normal away allocation is 1500 in the upper tier of the old side stand, with option for another 1100 in lower tier. This season £29-£47 for away fans depending on category, though they do offer reciprocal pricing.
Southampton away allocation 3300 with option for another 1400. Tickets £25-£30.

Leeds is a brilliant away day and even a nice little bar under the stand in the away end.
For selfish reasons I’d prefer Leeds than Southampton due to Leeds only being just over an hour away!

Either will be a great away day, two nice stadiums. Based on their respective semi final performances then I can't see past Leeds winning the final.

The Dell/ St Mary’s is the stand out for me. 3300 away fan allocation? We could get a fair few down there for that. Would be a cracking away day.

Last edited:
Would like to go to Southampton next season. It's local, easy to get to and a new stadium for OUFC

Like most here, Southampton as I've done Elland Rd and The Dell but not St.Mary's.

How can you support two teams? My bad one of them is Swindon…. Prick.

I know quite a few Swindon that support premier league/ bigger teams. While they get decent number at home their away support is poor and always has been.

At the moment I can’t see what Leeds are all about they’re devoid of ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom