Tickets 2022/23 season tickets

ANOTHER THING TO TRY

Apart from making sure the Google Pay app is up to date:

In Chrome on your phone, go to to mail.gmail.com and try to click the Google Pay link in the email.

If it still fails try opening Gmail in desktop mode and try to click the link again.
Aha! Opening Gmail.com in Chrome has worked! Opening in Samsung browser and also direct in Gmail app didn't.

Thanks

Took all of 5 seconds for me. Bit unfair to blame the club for technical issues with your own device set up.

Fair to complain about the email
Though that does say in bold type “in addition to your plastic card…”

Must admit, I feared tell worst when I clicked "Add" and got a less than helpful "Something went wrong" message. Turns out that Google Pay wasn't being detected on my phone which was strange, as I used it two weeks ago to show my Covid Travel Pass to go to Lanzarote.

Visit Play Store, download, try again, sorted.

One thing, the video guide says that multiple ticket purchases will get them all in one mail; I received separate emails, each with one ticket. No biggie, but something to be aware of.

Must admit, I feared tell worst when I clicked "Add" and got a less than helpful "Something went wrong" message. Turns out that Google Pay wasn't being detected on my phone which was strange, as I used it two weeks ago to show my Covid Travel Pass to go to Lanzarote.

Visit Play Store, download, try again, sorted.

One thing, the video guide says that multiple ticket purchases will get them all in one mail; I received separate emails, each with one ticket. No biggie, but something to be aware of.
I booked 6 and all 6 came as one email.

Took all of 5 seconds for me. Bit unfair to blame the club for technical issues with your own device set up.

Fair to complain about the email
Though that does say in bold type “in addition to your plastic card…”
I think that you should realise that some people such as myself are having genuine problems that are nothing to do with their device. Last season I downloaded my season ticket to Apple Wallet without any trouble at all; this time on the same phone (iPhone 12) I can’t, so it’s a mystery. In the last few months I’ve been able to download train tickets, Covid passes, etc., quite satisfactorily.
Yesterday I contacted the head of ticketing and I hope the problem will be sorted out eventually.

I think that you should realise that some people such as myself are having genuine problems that are nothing to do with their device. Last season I downloaded my season ticket to Apple Wallet without any trouble at all; this time on the same phone (iPhone 12) I can’t, so it’s a mystery. In the last few months I’ve been able to download train tickets, Covid passes, etc., quite satisfactorily.
Yesterday I contacted the head of ticketing and I hope the problem will be sorted out eventually.

I am iPhone 12 too so it is specific to your device

The club have just put a standard link to download to your wallet. It works for most but you may be using an email application that has recently updated and has a bug, or you have higher security settings configured etc

Last edited:
I am iPhone 12 too so it is specific to your device

The club have just put a standard link to download to your wallet. It works for most but you may be using an email application that has recently updated and has a bug, or you have higher security settings configured etc
But that doesn't explain why I can download everything else to Apple Wallet quite satisfactorily, does it? I'll leave it there.

But that doesn't explain why I can download everything else to Apple Wallet quite satisfactorily, does it? I'll leave it there.
Same issue with my Google pay account. Everything else downloads and works fine on it. For some reason the ST didn't this year, so it may be a software issue... but seems specific to the ST and nothing else.

I did finally get it to work after having to open Gmail in Chrome browser.

Back
Top Bottom