Tickets 2022/23 season tickets

Think I won't be able to afford a ST this year, going through the motions of buying a house and need to save every penny we have at the minute.

d9985d67103aab2de529406fe7607611.jpg

For info, in case others haven’t seen this text and receive a letter.

d9985d67103aab2de529406fe7607611.jpg

For info, in case others haven’t seen this text and receive a letter.
What an absolute waste of money! 1000+ pieces of mail going out to fans who have already renewed.

Why not wait for 2-3 weeks after opening, then send the supplier the details of non-renewals?

What an absolute waste of money! 1000+ pieces of mail going out to fans who have already renewed.

Why not wait for 2-3 weeks after opening, then send the supplier the details of non-renewals?

Should atleast wait to general sale starts.

Not all ST holder uses social media, so seems sensible to send out a letter before your seats get let go on open sale and at higher prices. Perhaps it would have made sense to send the letters as soon as the prices were announced, rather than after 1000+ had been sold?

As someone who generally does as little online on my phone as possible (too intrusive and too addictive!) - I would like a full explanation of how the digital tickets work.

Ideally the club *really* ought to have created such a document at the same time as deciding to charge supporters a tenner for the privilege of having a physical card. Once people start going on about Google Wallets and Apple Pay (neither of which I have, use, want or want to install) I just turn off completely. So in the absence of the club actually getting their act together in a reasonable time (they must have known they were going to do this months ago!), I will turn to the hive mind...

Yes, I have an Android smartphone. No I don't really use data on it, (I connect via my home wifi when home and otherwise when out and about use it as a phone). I don't have or want Google Wallet or Apple Pay. How is this going to work for me? Will they send me one email with a QR/bar code that lasts all season (I could them print it out or have a screenshot ready on the phone) ? Or is it a new code for each game? What happens with extra (cup games) etc?

As someone who generally does as little online on my phone as possible (too intrusive and too addictive!) - I would like a full explanation of how the digital tickets work.

Ideally the club *really* ought to have created such a document at the same time as deciding to charge supporters a tenner for the privilege of having a physical card. Once people start going on about Google Wallets and Apple Pay (neither of which I have, use, want or want to install) I just turn off completely. So in the absence of the club actually getting their act together in a reasonable time (they must have known they were going to do this months ago!), I will turn to the hive mind...

Yes, I have an Android smartphone. No I don't really use data on it, (I connect via my home wifi when home and otherwise when out and about use it as a phone). I don't have or want Google Wallet or Apple Pay. How is this going to work for me? Will they send me one email with a QR/bar code that lasts all season (I could them print it out or have a screenshot ready on the phone) ? Or is it a new code for each game? What happens with extra (cup games) etc?
Like you I never had any desire to use Google Wallet (nor the Samsung equivalent that I discovered was a default app on my phone!)
However, I have gradually embraced more and more technology and now have Google Wallet but, and this will probably make some laugh, I do not have a payment card linked to the app. I use the app purely for digital tickets which, once I figured out how it worked, provides an easy system of taking my tickets with me. I used the system when we went to the Oxford City pre-season game. I also have my last season ticket saved to my wallet although I never used it! Preferred the plastic "credit card" version. (didn't cost any extra last season - is that a price increase?)

Digital??? I'm absolutely useless,& have no interest what so ever.I'm old school 2p for a phone call in a phone box . Phone at the end of the bar to phone a taxi 😂

Presumably you’re posting on here via telegrams? [emoji6]
That's about my limit, cheap phone, don't use cards ,I use cash.When someone in front of me in the shop paid by his smart watch the other day.That was it for me

Club have pledged to send out a guide to doing this.
That said there is normally a link that you click to save the ticket to your wallet- same as we had for Covid 19 pass etc.
We used the wallet last season and it worked well every time .

Club have pledged to send out a guide to doing this.
That said there is normally a link that you click to save the ticket to your wallet- same as we had for Covid 19 pass etc.
We used the wallet last season and it worked well every time .
Well yes - As I said, I think they should/could have done that when season tickets came on sale rather than a fortnight after. I am waiting for them to do so because I don't want to spend an extra tenner if I don't need it but don't want to not buy a physical ticket if I am going to end up needing it.

As I said also - I don't use Google wallet.

I've just renewed mine. Ticket office staff have clearly had their ears chewed about the £10 charge. I was promised a guide to tell me what to do with the digital ticket email I would receive on my phone (what happens if you don't receive emails on your phone?), and support if I was still struggling.
OK, fine, but this has all the hallmarks of an avoidable PR blunder.

Well yes - As I said, I think they should/could have done that when season tickets came on sale rather than a fortnight after. I am waiting for them to do so because I don't want to spend an extra tenner if I don't need it but don't want to not buy a physical ticket if I am going to end up needing it.

As I said also - I don't use Google wallet.
You don't need to use Google wallet for payments to just save a ticket in there. I use Apple Wallet for all my tickets but don't have it enabled to buy things that way.

Digital??? I'm absolutely useless,& have no interest what so ever.I'm old school 2p for a phone call in a phone box . Phone at the end of the bar to phone a taxi 😂
2p in a phone box? And you’re saying your to old?🤔😊

Back
Top Bottom