Tickets 2022/23 season tickets

I'm more than happy with the price of £329 for a good seat at back of East Stand. If I use it 18 times it works out at £18.27 a match (Only £14.30 if you go to every game). Priority for away tickets and easy reserve of my seat for big home Cup games. To me that is very good value for money.
But then it is during the season they need to offer extra gimmees at various intervals depending on circumstances eg £1 for pizza pot group games, voucher for club shop, bring a friend for £5 (say Accy on a Tuesday night) as and when they think it is appropriate etc, etc.
Yes I agree, they should be throwing in little things every few weeks to keep the interest up and get new people along. I'm also broadly happy with the price for my good SSL seat.

I've always seen the South stand upper or lower as the "premium" stand, do they/did they not have draught beer?

Upper is premium without doubt. I've never seen lower as premium on the occasions I've been in there. Never drank in the stands at the Kassam so don't know.

I've always seen the South stand upper or lower as the "premium" stand, do they/did they not have draught beer?
No draught beer in ssl fence end concourse......plastic bottles ....not that Ive ever bothered with them

The only draught beer is in the Headington bar which is not accessible to SSU. Restaurant and box customers only. Used to be part of the 1893 package but with the demise, SSU was restricted to the standard outlets on the concourse.
The "premier" category now has little meaning other than an elevated sight line and proximity to the directors box ( why that should be better is beyond me, there are no advantages that I can see) The seats are the same bird s**t stained plastic and the floor still gets wet when it rains. Add to that the stairs to get up to those lofty heights and the attraction wears thin. The toilets are just as cold and disgusting as anywhere else in the stadium. Even with my concessionary rate (over 65) I will still be forking out (have forked out) £310.00 for the season (full price £500.00)

We are assuming that the so called "add-on" Premium lounge rate will allow access to the bar and the associated toilets (heated, hot water and cleaner to a degree) No idea how much that is going to cost but for quite a few of the elderly and less able, almost a necessity. - there is a lift which is essential to some.

I can assure you it's not down to Niall McWilliams, nor is it down to a lack of desire and effort on his part to get certain departments to perform as we all think they should. That's all I'm prepared to say on the matter, so please don't ask for details.
Thank you Colin as always

I won’t ask for any details. But my own view is that in most companies the MD is responsible and the buck stops with him.
obviously at a football club that means everything other than the playing side of things.He must be hiring staff for various jobs. I accept that he will have his hands full with the new stadium proposals,however he is in charge. If there are problems with the marketing of the club he has to sort it out.
We could be losing valuable revenue by not going after those extra fans that have come along since the new year.

Thank you Colin as always

I won’t ask for any details. But my own view is that in most companies the MD is responsible and the buck stops with him.
obviously at a football club that means everything other than the playing side of things.He must be hiring staff for various jobs. I accept that he will have his hands full with the new stadium proposals,however he is in charge. If there are problems with the marketing of the club he has to sort it out.
We could be losing valuable revenue by not going after those extra fans that have come along since the new year.
I know I said I wouldn't say anymore, and I really don't want to, but I think you're being a little unfair on NMcW.

I agree that what you describe, in respect of an MD's functionality and responsibility, is absolutely right for a "normal" business. But that's not what we're dealing with here.

I'd love to go into detail, and I've already said more than I'm comfortable with, but think it's important to put the record straight.

I know I said I wouldn't say anymore, and I really don't want to, but I think you're being a little unfair on NMcW.

I agree that what you describe, in respect of an MD's functionality and responsibility, is absolutely right for a "normal" business. But that's not what we're dealing with here.

I'd love to go into detail, and I've already said more than I'm comfortable with, but think it's important to put the record straight.
Fair enough Colin, you have given so much information out in the past which has been 100% accurate so I won’t continue on this theme.
I take back what I said about N Mc W, you know far more than most of us.

Having watching Robinson end of season interview and his comments about every department needs to be better and as a whole need to start thinking like a big club should mean we see better service and communication throughout the club.
Retail and marketing is probably the main area where the club really need to improve if they want to act like a ‘big club’.
I even think the social media of the club has gone backwards over the last few seasons and I think we could be doing more to get fans engaged and feel part of the club.

Some interesting comments regarding how the club works, the relationship between the club and fans is a interesting one, back in 1970 when I started going the main source of information about anything was mostly the Oxford mail and the sports mail, radio coverage was nothing like it was today, and the gates were good, so the product in some ways promoted itself rather than the club do anything

fast forward to present time where information is avaliable 24/7, and it appears that the feeling of fan involvement is low due to a lack of seems to me of the club understanding it's fan base,the comments over the last 2 seasons in season tickets , the lack of marketing, the feeling that fans are taken for granted, and little effort to build a geninue relationship, despite Oxvox and the supporters panel doing their best .
perhaps the it's not a "normal business" should be the yardstick to measure progress

Some interesting comments regarding how the club works, the relationship between the club and fans is a interesting one, back in 1970 when I started going the main source of information about anything was mostly the Oxford mail and the sports mail, radio coverage was nothing like it was today, and the gates were good, so the product in some ways promoted itself rather than the club do anything

fast forward to present time where information is avaliable 24/7, and it appears that the feeling of fan involvement is low due to a lack of seems to me of the club understanding it's fan base,the comments over the last 2 seasons in season tickets , the lack of marketing, the feeling that fans are taken for granted, and little effort to build a geninue relationship, despite Oxvox and the supporters panel doing their best .
perhaps the it's not a "normal business" should be the yardstick to measure progress
The trouble is that these days most companies and organizations do shedloads of marketing - even lads promoting local gigs are sending out emails and social media updates the whole time - so it's now expected, and the club has to work harder to keep its profile high.

Having watching Robinson end of season interview and his comments about every department needs to be better and as a whole need to start thinking like a big club should mean we see better service and communication throughout the club.
Retail and marketing is probably the main area where the club really need to improve if they want to act like a ‘big club’.
I even think the social media of the club has gone backwards over the last few seasons and I think we could be doing more to get fans engaged and feel part of the club.
Agree with this Steve, I must say I found Colin’s comments a little disturbing. It came across that all is not well with certain parts of the club.
I don’t mean with the Board / Manager or playing staff,more the internal workings of the club especially marketing.
Colin has been very positive about most aspects of the Club so to see this made me think improvements need to be made

I'm not sure if this would be the right thread but I'm going to put it here anyway because it sort of works 😃😃
My son had a membership this season for Liverpool wasn't my idea I blamed his grandfather but anyway with his membership he received a free gift in this gift there was a flag , boot bag and a couple of other things which he thought was great on his birthday he received a birthday card from LFC and at Xmas he received a Xmas card.
Now for the interesting bit would it not be a good idea for our club OUFC to maybe for u13s ST holders and members to get something like what my son got how easy would it be to send a birthday card or Xmas card to the youngsters or how simple would it be to make a little gift pack so send out to the kids.

I'm not sure if this would be the right thread but I'm going to put it here anyway because it sort of works 😃😃
My son had a membership this season for Liverpool wasn't my idea I blamed his grandfather but anyway with his membership he received a free gift in this gift there was a flag , boot bag and a couple of other things which he thought was great on his birthday he received a birthday card from LFC and at Xmas he received a Xmas card.
Now for the interesting bit would it not be a good idea for our club OUFC to maybe for u13s ST holders and members to get something like what my son got how easy would it be to send a birthday card or Xmas card to the youngsters or how simple would it be to make a little gift pack so send out to the kids.
The club certainly used to do something like that back in the 80s glory days, I remember receiving a t-shirt, football and other things as part of the young supporters membership. Little things like this can make a world of difference for younger fans.

Back
Top Bottom