Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheffield Wednesday’s last accounts showed £21m on wages. That will have reduced substantially since but Bannan’s new contract the year they got relegated (£25k a week perhaps?), people like Windass they’ve retained on Champs wages, putting Michael Smith on five figures etc suggests it’ll still be in the £15m ballpark. Ipswich won’t be dissimilar if you look at their accounts plus the activity since with the new ownership.

I suspect our £5m say from last year has been inflated above competitors with Premier League history, which is absolutely quite something, but I’d still be amazed and frankly concerned if we were anyway near those clubs.

I’m just speculating of course. Our accounts are pretty guarded bar the eye-watering lease costs and the data on companies house is never up to date so I don’t claim to ‘know’, just reading between the lines.
A lot of speculation within that £15M budget. Assuming Bannan is on the higher 28K a week suggested by AH. that still leaves an average of over 11K per week for a 25 man squad (yes I know its not just the first team squad that accounts for the budget, but others will have only marginal effect). I'm pretty sure that very few will be on more than 11K and would be surprised if at least half weren't on anywhere near as much as that.

A lot of speculation within that £15M budget. Assuming Bannan is on the higher 28K a week suggested by AH. that still leaves an average of over 11K per week for a 25 man squad (yes I know its not just the first team squad that accounts for the budget, but others will have only marginal effect). I'm pretty sure that very few will be on more than 11K and would be surprised if at least half weren't on anywhere near as much as that.
Oh yeah for sure, there has to be a lot of speculation. You take a look at their squad though and Bannan, Palmer, Hunt, Windass, Iorfa, Paterson were all on Championship wages. Gregory would have been too. Luongo was on a big salary. They’ve poached the Rotherham two on salary. Even if they’ve managed to get from £20m to say £12m or £13m, they’re still operating on a totally different level to that second tier of us, Charlton, Pompey etc.

Hello to whoever oufcreport is on Instagram!

Clearly had a read through this thread this morning, as their entire posting is about players mentioned on here - Doyle, Norton-Cuffy and the Cadden deal being less close.
Was told before about Cadden and a little bit about Norton-Cuffy. Doyle was someone that was mentioned to me in the past and I saw the news on here about the interest. Apologies, both posts have been taken down.

Last edited:
Bit confused by what KR says. A deal is "very close" but also we have to "wait and see" if it will happen at all. Sounds Oxymoronish
I think he's probably still smarting from getting his fingers burnt when he thought he had those two players signed in January, only to see them sign for other clubs.

Does anyone know how long Moore's contract is actually until? He had his extension triggered until 2023 then signed a 3-year deal, does this mean its 2025 or 2026?

Does anyone know how long Moore's contract is actually until? He had his extension triggered until 2023 then signed a 3-year deal, does this mean its 2025 or 2026?
It'll be 2025, as I think it was referred to as a three-year contract and not a three-year extension

Burnley have had a bid accepted by Arsenal, for Northern Ireland CB, Daniel Ballard - Pete O’Rourke via Twitter.

It appears their interest in McNally has ended.

Burnley have had a bid accepted by Arsenal, for Northern Ireland CB, Daniel Ballard - Pete O’Rourke via Twitter.

It appears their interest in McNally has ended.

They've lost 2 centre halves already and look likely to lose another so they'll need a few others as well.

Oh who have they lost, has Tarkowski done some 'silent running'?

Tarkowski and Ben Mee already gone with Nathan Collins likely to move on for good money:

Tarkowski:

Ben Mee:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom