Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
£2 million with a sell on clause is acceptable & realistic as a buy-out I’d think?
So why give him a big contract and spend loads extra on wages, just to lose him in 6 months for what we could be getting now to replace him with?

So why give him a big contract and spend loads extra on wages, just to lose him in 6 months for what we could be getting now to replace him with?
It won't be so much of a loss if by that time he can command a much higher fee by a longer contract/nailed down form but doubt if the club would let him go in Jan at this rate.

I think 2 mill plus extras and LM should be sold. Suitable investment using that kind of money and its happy days. We need 3 players in our starting 11 who can mix it up a bit. This is priority above all for me. The question is - have we got a suitable idea of how to replace LM and how to attract those who will compliment our technical players.

Last edited:
I don’t know how legit these figures are but I think they’re right up to be accurate

& here’s ours

The figures maybe not be spot on , but round ballpark area . And just shows the difference in team salaries.

That's if its invested in the team though, it's all very quite on the take over. Nothing to worry about I suppose.

I’m sure there won’t be any issues with his agent if a realistic buyout-clause can be agreed.
Devil’s advocate… what makes you think he’d sign a new contract with us if we price him out of a move? Isn’t there a slight breakdown in trust that needs rebuilding?

These are the things that come with the territory when blocking moves all together. If they didn’t meet our asking price then we have every right - but some players take that better than others so it’s difficult to expect him to commit his long term future immediately afterwards.

Last edited:
The figures maybe not be spot on , but round ballpark area . And just shows the difference in team salaries.
That's an absolutely massive difference.
Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday should go up comfortably.
But that doesn't always happen in football

• React
Reactions: UTM
Problem is because we have overachieved the last 3 years, supporter expectation is sky rocket. There are many teams in div 1 that we would struggle to compete with head to head whilst recruiting a player. We just have to do the best we can.

It won't be so much of a loss if by that time he can command a much higher fee by a longer contract/nailed down form but doubt if the club would let him go in Jan at this rate.
The point was that they wanted the contract to have a £2m buyout, which isn't a much higher fee.

Way I see it, there's three reasonable reasons for selling a player:
1) You're desperate for the money, and can't risk losing him for nowt.
2) The money is as much as you're ever going to get for the player i.e. you're selling a peak value, and the money would be better invested into some other playing assets, or
3) If you don't sell the player, he's going to get so pissed off that it'll either ruin dressing room morale or, worse, dissuade future signings from joining as you'll get a reputation for standing in the way of careers

Well from all reports, with our current owners, we've no need to sell. And we've still got him under contract for two more years so he can't walk for a while.
I'd be really surprised, based on what I've seen, if McNally didn't get better with more experience. I don't think he's anywhere near his peak value yet.
And he's a young kid with only 30-odd English games under his belt. I would hope that he would respond OK to us saying 'Not yet - we need you to stay for another year
'. Plus, while Burnley are undoubtedly a bigger club than us.....they're not exactly a footballer's dream, once in a lifetime opportunity. If Spurs were really in for him, then that might be harder to turn down for Reason #3.

So I don't think I would be selling McNally unless Burnley offer silly money. Like breaking our record transfer fee received-type money.
I think back to Rob Dickie in his 2 & half year spell with us, did well enough to start when he came straight into the side but in his 1st full season in 18/19 for 2/3rd’s of the season he really struggled but had a excellent finish with the rest of the team in that final 1/3rd, he had 1 year left but was never ready to take that next step just yet, then when on to sign a new 2 year contract then became 1 of the best Centrebacks in this league & fully deserved his move to the championship when we missed out on promotion, I feel McNally is in that bracket not quite ready for the championship yet bit like Atkinson the previous season & who's had his struggles for form at Bristol City so far which is no surprise as he left a year to early.

I want us to keep hold of McNally so we can see the benefits & reward in his 2nd full season in league football, he has the potential to do the same if not better than Dickie did in his 2nd full year by taking this league by storm (cuts out the mistakes in his game & becames a that consistent performer week in week out)

Can we bloody sign someone please? I'm missing the football now and all this discussion about other team's budgets and how much we might let LM go for just doesn't cut it.

I'm a simple man, I don't know how football clubs are run, I'm not "in the know" but I do know that I miss the matches at the moment.

A little bit of excitement from a few press releases wouldn't go a miss before we get back to it......

My man said at the cack.

We don't want 10 signings, cos that will decrease the amount we can spend on each player. I'd rather have a few really good signings than 9 or 10 cheap ones.
It's quite simple I suppose, 2 men per position, for adequate cover.

AT LEAST 5 or 6!!! It's honestly not hard to comprehend.
Calm down, let the key swing from the chain. Clearly you don't do the maths at your joint. Since when has 5/6 been anywhere near 9 or 10 if McNally leaves. As your spinning for your god, don't forget the 2 loan players who we cant have yet. Enjoy the new role, no hiding in that one.

Calm down, let the key swing from the chain. Clearly you don't do the maths at your joint. Since when has 5/6 been anywhere near 9 or 10 if McNally leaves. As your spinning for your god, don't forget the 2 loan players who we cant have yet. Enjoy the new role, no hiding in that one.
I think weve got 7 or 8 squad places max to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom