Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matty Taylor doesn’t even make the top ten.

I’ve just been to the shop and they didn’t have any Toffee Crisp’s.

Sorry, but I can’t be positive right now. Not after that.

I know the negative messages are really getting some people down so I post this with a guilty conscience, but I have to get it off my chest. I just can't tolerate a Toffee Crisp. I think it's probably the texture as I have a similar issue with a Lion bar.

For what it's worth here are other chocolate bars that I have little to no time for:

Boost - the filling is rank, cheap and nasty. What the f**k even is it?

Double Decker - bit of an identity crisis. Half of it wants to be like a Mars bar but it lets itself down with the crispy half. Nobody wants cereal in a chocolate bar.

Picnic - a big disappointment as I think it could be good, but it's trying too hard and I get overwhelmed with what's going on in there. There's just too much.

Now obviously, chocolate bars are like football managers and I can't constructively criticise your choice without providing some alternatives, so here you go:

Daim - the Liam Kelly of chocolate bars. You just don't realise how good they are, you only wish they were bigger.

Yorkie - alright, granted, the 'not for girls' strapline didn't age very well, but the bar itself is still a big chunky man bar and it commands respect.

Wispa Gold - a Rolls Royce of a chocolate bar. The caramel and chocolate are a timeless combination.

Hopefully we sign a full back soon.

Karl doesn't draw up the contracts and he didn't give Brannagan his payrise either. Remember Karl wanted to sign Defoe in January and agreed terms with him only for someone within the club to pull the plug on the deal.

Is the rule that when bad things happen it's Karl, when good things happen it's the club?

I know the negative messages are really getting some people down so I post this with a guilty conscience, but I have to get it off my chest. I just can't tolerate a Toffee Crisp. I think it's probably the texture as I have a similar issue with a Lion bar.

For what it's worth here are other chocolate bars that I have little to no time for:

Double Decker - bit of an identity crisis. Half of it wants to be like a Mars bar but it lets itself down with the crispy half. Nobody wants cereal in a chocolate bar.

Picnic - a big disappointment as I think it could be good, but it's trying too hard and I get overwhelmed with what's going on in there. There's just too much.

Now obviously, chocolate bars are like football managers and I can't constructively criticise your choice without providing some alternatives, so here you go:

Daim - the Liam Kelly of chocolate bars. You just don't realise how good they are, you only wish they were bigger.

Yorkie - alright, granted, the 'not for girls' strapline didn't age very well, but the bar itself is still a big chunky man bar and it commands respect.

Wispa Gold - a Rolls Royce of a chocolate bar. The caramel and chocolate are a timeless combination.

Don't diss the Double Decker. And also part from the Wispa Gold (not for me), I agree with the assessment.

• React
Reactions: MJB

I agreed fully with literally everything you said until you got to the Wispa Gold. You’ve let yourself down there.

I agree with much of what you’ve said. Yorkie and Wispa Gold are normally two that I go for as standard. Sometimes I spice it up and have a bit of Rolo action.

Speaking of full backs - Anthony ‘Tony Tonks’ Tonkin used to love a cheeky chocolate bar. He was a fiend for a fizzy drink, too. I once gave him a can of Rubicon Passion and he almost collapsed.

Yeah. Transfers etc.

• React
Reactions: MJB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom