Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
12 to 18 months ago the three local lads, Taylor, Long and Stevens were all pretty much nailed on 1st team starters. Who doesn’t like to see a player come good and go on represent their local professional club.

However all three are now under pressure and have to earn their right to be in the team. Stevens is now out on loan, Long’s form has dropped right off and Taylor’s goals have dried up. So with Todd Kane a possible signing, Joseph signed on loan from Swansea and talk of another striker on his way our local lads need to fight for their place and rightly so.
Jack Stevens ain't local, he's a Londoner..

We might need another winger, I have heard a rumor that Josh Murphy may miss a few months, can anyone collaborate?

We might need another winger, I have heard a rumor that Josh Murphy may miss a few months, can anyone collaborate?
I think Robinson said earlier this week that he had cramp on Saturday but is having a scan just to check - didn’t sound good. Not many people have cramp and go for a scan to check - and silence after the scan is not usually good news. Hopefully I’m wrong.

If that's true regarding Murphy gosh we've had some s**t luck .. baldock.. wildschut.. Murphy who next I dread to think

I think Robinson said earlier this week that he had cramp on Saturday but is having a scan just to check - didn’t sound good. Not many people have cramp and go for a scan to check - and silence after the scan is not usually good news. Hopefully I’m wrong.
Preparing us for bad news perhaps, the drip feed approach……I’ll get one’s coat!

Bad luck to a degree, but regardless of whether Murphy is injured or a case of getting back to fitness, two of the three were fitness gambles. You roll the dice…..
I think Jones was the main fitness gamble and he’s ok so far. But snapping up good players who’ve not been playing much probably does involve a risk of them getting injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom