Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minutes don't matter it only takes a second to score a goal and we got 1 win and a penalty shootout win the stats speak for themselves 😝😄
Very true, I was just pointing out what was a realistic alternative. Personally I look at early to mid-October as the first real test of where we are.

Bristol rovers are saying on their forum that we're in for 'Scott' Sinclair, clearly they've forgot about the forgettable 'Jerome" unless they know something we don't?

Honestly, if we only signed two full backs between now and the window's close, I think I'd be OK with it. I would ideally like one more forward as well, but we have plenty of options in the building as it is.

However If we sign a couple more forwards - even if they're unbelievable, Premier League-quality players - but don't sign any more defenders, then I will be grumpy as hell on September 1st and calling for KR's head. Just some advanced warning!!:p

Not good enough to start for us
Neither was Luke McNally or Rob Atkinson, but wouldn’t of be far off. At 21 has a lot of potential, and would of been a useful addition like McNally and Atkinson.
Watched Sheff Wed v Sunderland last night, Jack Diamond and Trai Hume the only pluses for Sunderland on the night.
Hume and Balmer both missed opportunities.

Last edited:
A switch to 5 at the back negates the need for a defensive midfielder. So if we get two wing backs in of starting quality, and another forward I think we are all set. We will have the ability to play 2 or 3 formations which will be very useful. I think we’ll be a lot harder to set up against this season.

According to the Mail KR isn’t thought to be targeting another new face up front?

Possible cue for a minor meltdown? 😩 🤔

Erm... What?

"Karl Robinson is not thought to be targeting another new face up front"

Edit: this isn't a meltdown, Chippy!
So the big meltdown kr had about someone joining that would shake the foundations of the club going forward was Joseph, if as you say no one else is being looked at.
Completely to the contrary to what UTO mentioned earlier.
Anyone in the know care to comment?

Wouldn’t be surprised if this was KR attempting to throw competing clubs off the scent re Thomas-Asante.

So the big meltdown kr had about someone joining that would shake the foundations of the club going forward was Joseph, if as you say no one else is being looked at.
Completely to the contrary to what UTO mentioned earlier.
Anyone in the know care to comment?

We have definitely looked at another striker.

We were making an offer on Ryan Hardie last week whilst also tying up the deal for Joseph, so absolutely no reason to think that we'll not look to bring a permanent striker in to. The comments made by KR on Tuesday night were not in relation to Joseph either, so unless that deal has collapsed and we've given up, then we're clearly still looking to bring another in.

I also think that we'll bring in another winger or attacking midfielder and either 2 defenders or one that can cover both full back roles.

Do I remember correctly with my old brain that KR stated that he had admired the target for some years. If so, that could hardly be Joseph as he is only 20yrs old.

Neither was Luke McNally or Rob Atkinson, but wouldn’t of be far off. At 21 has a lot of potential, and would of been a useful addition like McNally and Atkinson.
Watched Sheff Wed v Sunderland last night, Jack Diamond and Trai Hume the only pluses for Sunderland on the night.
Hume and Balmer both missed opportunities.
Difference there is we had McNally & Atkinson on permanent deals. I wouldn’t have been opposed to a permanent deal, however a loan deal, as OP suggests, is pointless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom