Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does someone have to go to an actual game to pass judgement on a player? 95% of players are assessed through media and data sources rather than endless scouting missions. If that's good enough for those spending hundreds of thousands then I reckon its good enough for your average fan to do the same.
Well… you’re only partly right; there’s no substitute for seeing the entire 90 minutes (and all the pitch) live and in real time.

Well… you’re only partly right; there’s no substitute for seeing the entire 90 minutes (and all the pitch) live and in real time.
I'm not sure that's true. Need a holistic approach really. The eyes can sometime deceive, as can the numbers.

Why does someone have to go to an actual game to pass judgement on a player? 95% of players are assessed through media and data sources rather than endless scouting missions. If that's good enough for those spending hundreds of thousands then I reckon its good enough for your average fan to do the same.
Plenty of people don’t go to games to pass judgements on players
Just listen to Radox on Saturdays after the game

Here you go again.
He was questioning ME on why I judged him on stats alone!!
I was only asking if he had seen him play.
We signed Hanson mainly based on stats and I know that for a fact.

Current record is still the £470K for Windass to Aberdeen back in the '90s isn't it?
In terms of initial / guaranteed fee that’s still the largest, but as has been mentioned the Johnson sale technically surpassed that amount. Although the fees given on sites like transfermrkt aren’t quite right. We paid 450k for Johnson and sold him for £3m, with Motherwell getting 10% of the profit. So they got an extra 255k making 705k total.

Can anyone remember the name of that Portuguese guy we gave a trial to based on a few grainy YouTube videos?

Scouting has undeniably come on leaps and bounds in the last 10-15 years with the weighting given to the stats/data side of things increasing massively. Ultimately nothing compares to seeing a player live, imo, and I highly doubt any club recruits players on the data/video side of things alone (happy to be corrected)

I've got to say, it does make me laugh how some posters seem to know every single player we're linked with and profess with absolute confidence that they are 'exactly what we need' or a 'cracking signing' without every having seen them play live.

Even then, it’s opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and what attributes it is that you’re looking for.

One man’s trash and all that…

Can anyone remember the name of that Portuguese guy we gave a trial to based on a few grainy YouTube videos?

Scouting has undeniably come on leaps and bounds in the last 10-15 years with the weighting given to the stats/data side of things increasing massively. Ultimately nothing compares to seeing a player live, imo, and I highly doubt any club recruits players on the data/video side of things alone (happy to be corrected)

I've got to say, it does make me laugh how some posters seem to know every single player we're linked with and profess with absolute confidence that they are 'exactly what we need' or a 'cracking signing' without every having seen them play live.
Makes me laugh how you seem to know exactly how little football other posters watch.

Diogo Andrade?

I only know of the guy through the Tim Russon method that he gets mentioned in some highlights on TV. So therefore I thoroughly recommend him. :)

Here’s the thing I don’t quite get

We have Taylor as our no1 striker
KR as had said by others is “creaming his pants at the thought of another striker coming in”
Looks like we are signing Joseph and Swansea will want him to get game time
Baldock should be back by xmas
Genuine question
If we only play one up front what is the point of getting Joseph ?
Swansea will not be happy to see him as a bench warmer/even make the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom