Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should not be reading this forum. No good can come of it.
They shouldn't, and most of them probably don't, but the temptation's always there. If you know there's a website that exists where people are writing about you, either positive or negative, wouldn't you be tempted to visit it? Friends, family and other people from the club might also read things posted here, and narratives can start to build around players. Also the local media (namely the Mail and RadOx) regularly take topics and viewpoints from this forum and publicise opinions and feelings, it's free idea generation for them.

I think for the most part the criticisms and the like on this forum are ok, it's just the number of people who can agree can seem overwhelming. But there's nothing you can do about that. The best we can do is to justify what a player's getting wrong - which most of us do btw - and try to reduce the amount of comments that amount to 'x player is s**t'.

It’s a fans forum, nothing more, nothing less, full of opinionated amateur managers and players who think they know more and could do more than anyone of the players, coaches or staff associated with the club. Take me for example, I’d never miss a penalty.
If anyone gets offended by some of the drivel on here I’d be very surprised, I suspect they have a good chuckle at some of it and dismiss the rest as utter tosh, if they don’t I’d say give the forum a wide berth in future.
There is some pretty abusive stuff about some of the players
Recently Seddon especially and then Long seem to be getting it
Constructive criticism is fair enough, but at times it appears to be a whole load of slagging off of particular players.
If players do read this ( I would advise them not to), and they are struggling for form, I could get where MY is coming from

The thing is, you can't abuse someone if you are giving an opinion about their performance.
Capt Moore for eg. He was sloppy in my opinion on sat. He didn't look mentally and physically switched on. I'm not commenting on his physical appearance or character.

Sam long. Another example. Folk have commented that they think we need to improve in his position at RB if we want to progress. I agree. I haven't heard any bullying or personal insults.

The biggest concern for me is what some folk identify as abuse or bullying.

I don't think many comments cross the line in "normal" postings. But there are some posters who seem unable to control themselves following a defeat and respond with, what feels like, real anger and hatred towards some players.

Football is a squad game, and everyone will likely make a telling contribution at some point. Sam Winnall clearly disappointed during his time here, but there was still his goal against Gillingham that turned the game and kept us in playoff contention, his shot from 40 yards against Burton and the last minute winner versus Sheffield Wednesday.

This season so far, Long has had one good game and one poor game. Seddon has had one poor game and one decent game. Neither have been awful. Neither really cost us anything. So commenting on their performance is fine, but a little perspective is perhaps needed by some.

I don't think many comments cross the line in "normal" postings. But there are some posters who seem unable to control themselves following a defeat and respond with, what feels like, real anger and hatred towards some players.

Football is a squad game, and everyone will likely make a telling contribution at some point. Sam Winnall clearly disappointed during his time here, but there was still his goal against Gillingham that turned the game and kept us in playoff contention, his shot from 40 yards against Burton and the last minute winner versus Sheffield Wednesday.

This season so far, Long has had one good game and one poor game. Seddon has had one poor game and one decent game. Neither have been awful. Neither really cost us anything. So commenting on their performance is fine, but a little perspective is perhaps needed by some.
I think consideration also needs to given to the league we are in, if players were consistently 9/10 every game they wouldn't be playing in L1

True, but then they are also playing against L1 players. Things would look different if the standard of opposition was either Prem or Conference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom