Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl just confirmed that Goodrham wasn't ever going out on loan this month.

Doesn't rule out a National League loan in future months, but not sure that level isn't now beneath him!

Since Brown is clearly not considered an option for LB I think we could do with (in this order):

RB, ST, LB, LW

Get four decent players in those positions and we are absolutely flying.

The last two games I would say Seddon has played pretty decent at left back, I think it helps having the assured Findlay to the right of him. Long was the weak link in the defence today so right back is the priority position for me.

I thought Long looked slow today and was very disappointed with his performance, i usually think he’s solid and reliable but today definitely didn’t look sharp at all. Maybe not fully fit in all fairness. Seddon did ok for sure, can’t comment on his performance in the Derby game.

We need some pace, today we were very pedestrian and lacked spark until Bate came on, he looked quality and full of energy in his 20 mins or so on the pitch.

So yes, full backs and some strength and pace very much needed, especially in the attacking third too.

Great to get three points today when not really deserved 👍

Interesting what Nathan was saying about a change of shape for our next game and an unexpected choice in formation as part of that. Suggestion it might be a return to three at the back.

I do increasingly think Long is a better CB than RB and that he would be excellent as our third choice CB (either playing in a three or back up to Moore and Findlay).

If that’s the case both he and Brown could be back-up full-backs too, assuming we buy another FB or two.

As we all know, a new RB is clearly needed and personally I’d like a starter in, rather than a back-up.

Last edited:
Interesting what Nathan was saying about a change of shape for our next game and an unexpected choice in formation as part of that. Suggestion it might be a return to three at the back.

I do increasingly think Long is a better CB than RB and that he would be excellent as our third choice CB (either playing in a three or back up to Moore and Findlay).

If that’s the case both he and Brown could be back-up full-backs to, assuming we buy another FB or two.

As we all know, a new RB is clearly needed and personally I’d like a starter in, rather than a back-up.

As we all know, a new LB is clearly needed

"Cover at full backs" could mean one player!

I interpreted it differently but I reckon KR is just trolling people on here now with his interviews saying any old positions. On Tuesday, it'll be 3 wingers and a centre back. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom