Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd imagine whoever is left out has already got a move lined up .
I'm not itk, but I reckon Stevens will be off. Eastwood is at the stage in his career where he'll be happy to be a pretty decent back-up. Stevens will want to be first choice somewhere. McGinty had a number of clubs after him- he won't have come here to sit on the bench.

I’m all for punts, especially non Lge talent, and yes he could be a master stroke of a signing, it’s just that he hasn’t played much and has had 3 ACL injuries. Risk involved and hopefully reward at the end of it.
I've made that point before though - say we take a risk on a national league player and they only manage 15 games because they don't get up to the required standard... Is that any greater risk than this signing? Worst case scenario Jones will be on his way in 12 months as he hasn't played and thus not really cost us anything bar a place in the squad. Best case scenario we've got ourselves another good quality Championship player for 2 years. The biggest surprise for me was he is still only 24. His best years are to come if he can stay fit.

No. Jones was the only one. Like I’ve said earlier. I think a RB hopefully early next week and hoping for a striker.

Still in for the Palace winger. I would expect that to be early next week. If we get him.

Still 5 short I think.

Thanks @UTO. Are we still considering Jerome Sinclair or moved on from that? It's gone a bit quiet there.

McGinty might just be travelling with the squad and to assist in warm-up. Plumley often did last season.

Just returned to the forum after my 3 week break to avoid the annoying doom merchants. Bloody gladded Cam has signed on otherwise it would’ve been a further 3 weeks of exile!!

Seems far more positive now but amazed at how quickly the club were attacked when it looked like Blackpool had got their man.

It certainly looks like a new RB is on the way.

I am told we are still in for Whyte, but the same person did tell me it was very close about a month ago so take it with a pinch of salt!

I can't see him doing that for long, if at all to be honest. He was high in demand and would imagine he's here to play.
Oh definitely. Just being in the travelling squad doesn't necessarily mean in the 18. But i do agree with, if he is in the squad then the one of Eastwood/Stevens who isn't will be gone.

McGinty in the squad for tomorrow according to club website.

Which one of Stevens/Eastwood will be left out? Surely whoever it is will be looking to move on instead of being 3rd choice in League One.
Strange that considering he hasn’t played any league football in England yet, and no preseason

Strange that considering he hasn’t played any league football in England yet, and no preseason

McGinty wouldn't need a pre-season when he has been playing competitive football in the LOI Premier and European competition:

I'm not itk, but I reckon Stevens will be off. Eastwood is at the stage in his career where he'll be happy to be a pretty decent back-up. Stevens will want to be first choice somewhere. McGinty had a number of clubs after him- he won't have come here to sit on the bench.
Eastwood could be back up at Blackpool maybe? We know Appleton rates him.

I've made that point before though - say we take a risk on a national league player and they only manage 15 games because they don't get up to the required standard... Is that any greater risk than this signing? Worst case scenario Jones will be on his way in 12 months as he hasn't played and thus not really cost us anything bar a place in the squad. Best case scenario we've got ourselves another good quality Championship player for 2 years. The biggest surprise for me was he is still only 24. His best years are to come if he can stay fit.

We did take a punt on that lad from the North East Jarrow Roofing was it, and he scored at Plymouth I think, it doesn’t cost a lot to take a punt on non league players. He was released in the end, because he wasn’t good enough, but if you keep fishing in those waters you could find a Vardy in there eventually. But championship and Lge 1/2 is different, and can be quite costly.

Just returned to the forum after my 3 week break to avoid the annoying doom merchants. Bloody gladded Cam has signed on otherwise it would’ve been a further 3 weeks of exile!!

Seems far more positive now but amazed at how quickly the club were attacked when it looked like Blackpool had got their man.

It certainly looks like a new RB is on the way.

I am told we are still in for Whyte, but the same person did tell me it was very close about a month ago so take it with a pinch of salt!

Been anywhere nice?

If I was away on holiday this is the last place I’d be looking. I’d be busy enjoying my time off, rather than constantly post on here like some sad sods do.

Our squad for the start of the season 29/07/22 -

Very thin but bundles of quality across it.
Haven’t included Mousinho as don’t believe he will be in final EFL squad. Golding & Goodrham also options before they head out on loan.

5 more needed minimum - a left back, right back, central midfielder, a winger & a striker added.

Agree 100%. In order of importance, I think it's:

1) RB - because at the moment, if Sam Long gets injured, our plan B is apparently to play a 17 year old out of position there!
2) Striker - key position, but we can conceivably play Browne or Murphy up top if we need to. And Baldock will hopefully be back one day; still very important that we bring in an alternative option to our master poacher
3) CM - Less important than it was in the middle of the day yesterday! But we're still light in terms of bodies, and definitely light in terms of defensive capabilities
4) LB - I still think Brown is a CB not a LB, but I guess we could muddle through with him and Seddon if we absolutely had to
5) Winger - would be more of a luxury signing. Even with Wildschut's injury, we now have three excellent options in Jones/Browne/Murphy, plus two who can play there in Henry & Bodin, and Goodrham as well. Would still be nice to have more depth given the injury histories of the players we do have.

Also, maybe wait to loan out Golding & Goodrham until deadline day? Would be good to get them game time in the Pizza Trophy against Orient, and maybe in the League Cup too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom