Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, this only has relevance if this players are out of contract, or have suitors.

Those who aren’t worth the money they’re asking can be told “no”.

Brannagan is a marquee player and a talisman, and can be paid as such. If his teammates don’t recognise both that and his value to this club…more fool them.
It sounds good in theory but I disagree that's how it would work in practice. This is an environment of highly competitive people who are represented by agents motivated by big sums of money. As soon as you start playing a player considerably more than the next guy then heads get turned, even if Cam is quite clearly the star in our team.

It sounds good in theory but I disagree that's how it would work in principle. This is an environment of highly competitive people who are represented by agents motivated by big sums of money. As soon as you start playing a player considerably more than the next guy then heads get turned, even if Cam is quite clearly the star in our team.
I imagine most of our established big earners are older guys like Taylor and Henry who might not get better money and a long contract elsewhere now.

I'm still positive right now. Just pointing out we remain incredibly thin on the ground, which is surely legitimate.
Absolutely. What most of us read into the last 24hrs is that the club is pushing the boat out for marquee signings. Let's see what they do over the next few weeks before we get worried about the longer term depth of the squad. Every club is potentially exposed to high profile player injuries. Fingers crossed we have a better season on that front.

Well I'm reading it to mean that we are going to sign Carl Stockton. Morecambe's nickname is The Shrimps. At least I hope that's what it might mean.
I was taking prawn to be as in 'tiger prawn' - cocktail suggesting a shakeup in who is in charge. Takeover finalised.

Cut off for playing at Derby tomorrow is 1pm today I think..

Wonder if we done a deal with Jodi Jones in time?

Cut off for playing at Derby tomorrow is 1pm today I think..

Wonder if we done a deal with Jodi Jones in time?

We must of been typing this at the same time.

Maybe, to be absolutely sure, we have put him through such an exhausting medical that we actually killed the poor fella, be suspicious if his name is never mentioned again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom