Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timing is not ideal but will be just the same as when he was out before injured and on that occasion McGuane who has been a strong performer so far this year, stepped up a gear. Also we would receive nothing at end of season when contract expires...
Forgive me for saying, but I not remember McGuane stepping up a gear.

Hope we get herbie kane back. Mcguane isnt good enough imo for the starting 11.
I personally wouldn't have him back. Main issue being he can't contribute until September. I don't have a name off the top of my head , mind you, but there are a lot of great players out there who would love to come here.

I think McGuane has looked fit and hungry this pre season. Let's face it, we're going to need him now! He's spoken about how he wants to play and he's sure of a run of games now so the stage is his. My main worry is Cam's leadership is going to be tough to replace. I expect Henry to play on Saturday for that reason alone.

I agree we need competition in the area but finding a player with cam's ability would have taken a fair chunk of the budget, its massive risk when you still have 3/4 other positions that are desperate. Now Cam is gone we need to spend the money wisely in getting his replacement right. I am sure their will be players KR has in mind, he said in his interview that he had players in mind he just didnt want to do anything in the 48 before the first game and will look Sunday.

You never know his replacement might be here early next week......ever the optimist i am...
Firstly, it was inevitable that Cam was gonna have his release clause triggered this window, as there have been multiple championship clubs interested for a while, and it should've been obvious by his refusal to sign OUFC's recent offer, that if the clause was triggered, he'd be off. So planning ahead, and bringing in genuine competition/cover for his position would not only have been sensible, to provide competition for him, and the rest of the midfielders, should he stay, but it would've meant we had a ready made replacement for him, should he leave, and we wouldn't now be in desperate need of TWO first team midfielders 2 days before the first game of the season.

Secondly, if he has players in mind, why doesn't KR want to do anything 48 hours before our first game?? It's this kind of mindset that lets other clubs get ahead of us in the queue for these players, and get their claws into them first!

And lastly, KR saying he has players in mind doesn't fill me with confidence, given the fact that he brings in so many players who are either injury prone, crocks, or players who have hardly played for 2 years, and so far off match fitness, that they need their own "mini preseason" just to get up to speed, and knowing him, he'll probably just bring in another bloody winger!

Last edited:
Firstly, it was inevitable that Cam was gonna have his release clause triggered this window, as there have been multiple championship clubs interested for a while, and it should've been obvious by his refusal to sign OUFC's recent offer, that if the clause was triggered, he'd be off. So planning ahead, and bringing in genuine competition/cover for his position would not only have been sensible, to provide competition for him, should he stay, and the rest of the midfielders, but it would've meant we had a ready made replacement for him, should he leave, and we wouldn't now be in desperate need of TWO first team midfielders 2 days before the first game of the season.

Secondly, if he has players in mind, why doesn't KR want to do anything 48 hours before our first game?? It's this kind of mindset that lets other clubs get ahead of us in the queue for these players, and get their claws into them first!

And lastly, KR saying he has players in mind doesn't fill me with confidence, given the fact that he brings in so many players who are either injury prone, crocks, or players who have barley played for 2 years, and so far off match fitness, that they need their own "mini preseason" just to get up to speed, and knowing him, he'll probably just bring in another bloody winger!
Don't agree.

Players can be replaced let's hope we get somebody decent in by the end of the window. abit less hyped about the Derby game now. Well alot less.

But we have month who knows we may find a rough diamond.

A couple in the next few days would do alot to restore morale

Forgive me for saying, but I not remember McGuane stepping up a gear.
Before his long injury lay-off the season before last he was playing exceptionally well and was just just getting into his stride, he had 3 or 4 games (Burton away that season) where he was unplayable for large parts. Then he got the big injury and hasn't quite hit those heights again. Hopefully after a full pre-season, he will get back to his best.

Brannagan is gone so now let's use that money to sign someone like camara get a signing like that and I think people will feel alot more relaxed one player didn't make a team yea he was one of the best players in the league but every player is replaceable now KR go and find a decent replacement

Marcus McGuane is more than good enough to be in the starting XI. But as he proved in his loan spell, he needs a run of games to get going - something he wasn't afforded last season. Plus, he's better on the left of a midfield three (CamBran's position).

I hope we properly invest in a quality CDM and McGuane effectively becomes CamBran's replacement.

Brannagan is gone so now let's use that money to sign someone like camara get a signing like that and I think people will feel alot more relaxed one player didn't make a team yea he was one of the best players in the league but every player is replaceable now KR go and find a decent replacement
Canara wants a Championship move. We aren't an attractive proposition to get there at present.

You did not tell us this was coming. 36 hrs to kick off. Surely you must have known?
No one knew but uto said he had a good contract to sign but didn’t, and apart from Blackpool no one else put any bid in.
Perhaps he fancies a bit of sea fishing now.

Not read about the last 20 pages. But guessing it’s all about Brannagan.
We’ve had a very good contract offer on the table for him for a while. He’s had no interest in signing it. So receiving over 1million with 11 months left on his contract isn’t a bad deal when he was always going to leave.
As soon as the offer was submitted, Cam told the club he wanted to go. It’s the first offer we’ve received this summer and the first time Blackpool have triggered the release clause. Can’t blame him, but he’s not turned down any moves to stay with us the past couple years.
The timing is shite for us. But we have a month to find a replacement or 2.

Another senior player has agreed to go, who isn’t much of a loss as he’ll be replaced within next week.

A lot of work to do. Our squads haven’t been as strong as the one we had going into the window we lost Cadden, Fosu and Baptiste 2.5 years ago! So hopefully we get the right players in now!
6 key signings needed.

I hate to be a harbinger of doom but the season starts on Saturday.

As we, invariably, need a few more points at the sharp end of the season we do not have the luxury of a month... 3 points in July are the same as 3 points in May!

The fact we haven’t already got in another CM regardless of Cam Bran going is disappointing, we were already light there before this bombshell. Though the timing is awful and unexpected it surely doesn’t come as a total shock with him not signing a new contract! I’m surprised KR sounds surprised! Or maybe it’s just disappointment.

So the question is: We had a very large budget before McNally was sold, and before the CB money, or at least I assume these sales weren’t factored in?

We must now have an absolutely huge budget??

But, other clubs know we need players urgently and now we’ll surely be held to ransom to a degree? And pay over the odds possibly due to not getting in players earlier in the window!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom