Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hardly that surprising a cub that has chased him in the last 4 windows have come in for him again? The fact we haven't got anyone in mind to replace him is embarrassing.
So it took four windows for Blackpool to secure the services of Cam and yet we are supposed to complete a signing of similar pedigree in what, 4 hours?????

We’ve made £3m with two player sales. Then add Forde, that pretty good business at this level.

There’s plenty in the pot to bring in some real quality now. It’s up to KR how he spends it, and hopefully he can assemble a side worthy of challenging. It will be interesting to see what else develops, even though it’s been an awful window so far.

There's no way to sugar coat it, losing Cam so close to the season opener is devastating. I genuinely thought we'd build a team around him and he'd stay to see us go up.

But the blame being thrown at the club is unwarranted. Cam was the best paid player at the club when he signed his extension and was offered a long term deal that would have again made him the best paid. We also looked out for him when his career may have been over following his eye injury. Cam has been the heart if the club and we have done everything we could to keep him.

He's gone (pending formal announcement) and will be missed. I wish him well and hope that he has an incredible career. At the right club (not sure that's Blackpool!) he could really make a name for himself and I wouldn't be surprised if he played in the PL one day.

It's now about who we look to replace him with. There will be players on our radar, and money to be spent. We need to regroup today, go to Derby with confidence and see what next week brings.

Glad to see the normal sensible approach from some on here.

The clause was met, it's out of KR's control.

Players come and go, not sure what the figure is, but hopefully the club has benefited.

Move on, win or lose up the U's!
You’d like to think that Karl and Cameron had a chat post season, and you’d like to think during those discussions Cameron gave some assurances that he wanted to stay, hence why there isn’t an instant back-up/replacement. I’d also like to think that even if the release clause was met that Cameron would still have a choice which you’d also like to think would match their discussions (that’s if they had one) earlier in the window.

Based upon the above, I guess the only thing that have really scuppered this for us is the timing, but it does make you wonder what might have made Cameron’s head turn so late in the day when he was obviously all set to start the season with us only a day or so ago.

May be he was frustrated with the lack of summer signings a few weeks ago which he may have been promised earlier in the window, promoting him to want to stay or just simply Blackpool have now met the release clause when he thought that may never happen and would cross that bridge when, and if it arose.

You’d like to think that Karl and Cameron had a chat post season, and you’d like to think during those discussions Cameron gave some assurances that he wanted to stay, hence why there isn’t an instant back-up/replacement. I’d also like to think that even if the release clause was met that Cameron would still have a choice which you’d also like to think would match their discussions (that’s if they had one) earlier in the window.

Based upon the above, I guess the only thing that have really scuppered this for us is the timing, but it does make you wonder what might have made Cameron’s head turn so late in the day when he was obviously all set to start the season with us only a day or so ago.

May be he was frustrated with the lack of summer signings a few weeks ago which he may have been promised earlier in the window, promoting him to want to stay or just simply Blackpool have now met the release clause when he thought that may never happen and would cross that bridge when, and if it arose.
More dosh usually works for most players, we are naive if we think any players are loyal to any club these days..

ARE we signing Jones or not dragging on to long now
I was just about to say: CB going shouldn’t bring the whole recruitment situation to a grinding halt. I was hoping/expecting another couple of players, that we desperately needed, to be announced before this all kicked off today. No reason why that shouldn’t still happen is there...?

Blackpool are pretty horrible in the transfer market…the endless pursuit of Brannagan when they’re aware of the clause all along. Take players on loan with agreed fees before not taking the option, attempting to hijack other deals. Plus messing about with the Andy Lyons deal. Can see why KR will be irritated.

Ultimately, Branngan moving is the best thing for him and the club, but the timing is hideous. If Brannagan doesn’t move this summer he would possibly miss his championship opportunity. He has done us a solid hanging around as long as he has. It’s good for us in that we get £££ for an asset that in 12 months would get £0 for, however if the club don’t have an idea of replacements then the recruitment is in a bad spot. This has been a possibility for many windows, it would be naive to think someone wouldn’t stump up the cash at some point.

KR pretty much runs the show on deals, which has worked ok to this point, but this summer has exposed the limitations. KR now seemingly wading through his contacts to find a Brannagan replacement whilst preparing for Saturday.

The squad looks very light, no doubt we kick off the season in a worse spot than we finished. Possibly a sliding doors moment for KR…guess time will tell!

Last edited:
Not read about the last 20 pages. But guessing it’s all about Brannagan.
We’ve had a very good contract offer on the table for him for a while. He’s had no interest in signing it. So receiving over 1million with 11 months left on his contract isn’t a bad deal when he was always going to leave.
As soon as the offer was submitted, Cam told the club he wanted to go. It’s the first offer we’ve received this summer and the first time Blackpool have triggered the release clause. Can’t blame him, but he’s not turned down any moves to stay with us the past couple years.
The timing is shite for us. But we have a month to find a replacement or 2.

Another senior player has agreed to go, who isn’t much of a loss as he’ll be replaced within next week.

A lot of work to do. Our squads haven’t been as strong as the one we had going into the window we lost Cadden, Fosu and Baptiste 2.5 years ago! So hopefully we get the right players in now!
6 key signings needed.

Not read about the last 20 pages. But guessing it’s all about Brannagan.
We’ve had a very good contract offer on the table for him for a while. He’s had no interest in signing it. So receiving over 1million with 11 months left on his contract isn’t a bad deal when he was always going to leave.
As soon as the offer was submitted, Cam told the club he wanted to go. It’s the first offer we’ve received this summer and the first time Blackpool have triggered the release clause. Can’t blame him, but he’s not turned down any moves to stay with us the past couple years.
The timing is shite for us. But we have a month to find a replacement or 2.

Another senior player has agreed to go, who isn’t much of a loss as he’ll be replaced within next week.

A lot of work to do. Our squads haven’t been as strong as the one we had going into the window we lost Cadden, Fosu and Baptiste 2.5 years ago! So hopefully we get the right players in now!
6 key signings needed.
Thanks for clearing it up

I'm not a massive KR fan. Too much chat and insufficient focus. I'm also not convinced he's the sharpest tool in the box. If he/the club don't have 2-3 possible replacements lined up for a key player who was always going to be a Championship target, then that's frankly ridiculous. It's just basic forward planning.

I’m going to have a little nibble here, but that’s just because I’ve eaten lunch.

Firstly: Lots of wild assumptions here. “Insufficient focus” - I take it you haven’t listened to the “Moment Of Truth” podcast series then? The man is literally living for OUFC, and has done since he arrived. If you’re open to bit of a paradigm shift, give it a listen.

Secondly: Don’t mistake passion and a tendency to shoot from the hip, as a sign of lacking intelligence. You don’t get to this level in the game, unless you have something between your ears. It’s hard enough to get your UEFA Pro License, let alone manage clubs of the stature he has, and work with the players he has done.

I’m not going to sit here and pretend he’s perfect, but we have passionate PERSON leading our club. He’s not a yes man, and he’s not a robotic reincarnation of some of the less than successful managers that have preceded him.

It’s crunch time now, and this is very much a test of KR’s ability to adapt and deliver, in the face of what seems to be, at least on the surface, a situation that he had not foreseen.

I hope the club give him the Brannagan money, and trust him to spend it wisely. If he does and it goes well, fair play. If it doesnt, he has to take ownership of that.

I feel like this will be a good measurement of KR.
He has it all for me, with the exception of transfer activity.

It will be interesting to see what he does with a pot full of money to spend. Assuming the board aren't just pocketing it.

If the ambition is championship football then the board will be backing us to do some exciting transfer business.

This, for me, is almost the ultimate test of what KR is capable of.

I don't expect it to happen overnight, but I do expect it to happen!

I withhold my judgement until the end of the window.

For the 12746th time, judge the window at the end of the window.
Sorry this wait until the end of the season is blown out of the water when something like this happens. The season starts in 24 hours and basically we are 6 players short of a full squad. Isnt it common sense that you start a season with a full ready squad? All managers recruit in the same market so it doesn't really wash that its been a difficult window. God knows how many games will have passed before the window does close. What it does show is lack of planning for this scenario, seemingly not having someone ready to go for to replace CB. We are also starting with 2 new signings injured.
This should have been a scenario robinson should really have forseen and planned for, rather than talking to the press like it's a bolt out of the blue.

So it took four windows for Blackpool to secure the services of Cam and yet we are supposed to complete a signing of similar pedigree in what, 4 hours?????
You cannot go around posting sensible things like that.....this is all KR's fault and i wont hear another word on the matter ;)
FFS!
The vultures were circling for Brannagan back in January, so it was pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain, that someone was gonna trigger his release clause this summer, so yes, the fact that the club did not have a solid contingency plan in place, such as a solid signing to come in to at least compete with him, and potentially replace him, should he leave, was very naive and amateurish.

Gorrin is only just returning from a major long term injury, Smyth is a complete unknown at this level, and McGuane is already playing out of position, covering the Gorrin role.

Even with Cam here, we were in need of midfield competition/cover, now 2 days before the season starts, we're desperate.

I’m going to have a little nibble here, but that’s just because I’ve eaten lunch.

Firstly: Lots of wild assumptions here. “Insufficient focus” - I take it you haven’t listened to the “Moment Of Truth” podcast series then? The man is literally living for OUFC, and has done since he arrived. If you’re open to bit of a paradigm shift, give it a listen.

Secondly: Don’t mistake passion and a tendency to shoot from the hip, as a sign of lacking intelligence. You don’t get to this level in the game, unless you have something between your ears. It’s hard enough to get your UEFA Pro License, let alone manage clubs of the stature he has, and work with the players he has done.

I’m not going to sit here and pretend he’s perfect, but we have passionate PERSON leading our club. He’s not a yes man, and he’s not a robotic reincarnation of some of the less than successful managers that have preceded him.

It’s crunch time now, and this is very much a test of KR’s ability to adapt and deliver, in the face of what seems to be, at least on the surface, a situation that he had not foreseen.

I hope the club give him the Brannagan money, and trust him to spend it wisely. If he does and it goes well, fair play. If it doesnt, he has to take ownership of that.

Do more posts like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom