Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has really stumped us for Saturday. Was shaping up for a 4231 with McGuane and Cam bringing tonnes of energy in the two. Was looking forward to them swarming over their big bucks midfield actually.

Now what? Henry and Gorrin aren’t really mobile enough for that system so either way, moves everyone back. Or we go to a 3 and Bodin’s maybe benched.

I know it’s just one game, but it shows how vital it is that we replace Brannagan like for like.
May need to park the bus for this game maybe boring to watch or thier is only going to be one winner unless a miracle happens today

Scotch and I see plenty at OUFC through different lenses, but you are proper weird if your reaction to Brannagan going is to have a go at him on here.

Do we get a fee for Forde? Genius move if so.
He extended his contract until 2023 so yes we would have.

The squad looked thin, we got the numbers back up, and now it’s starting to look thin again.

Maybe Robinson was worried that the summer transfer thread was slowing down and wanted to give it a boost, I reckon it will hit a thousand pages now.

Won’t even have to ask people what there first bicycle was (yellow and blue Raleigh BMX since you asked).

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how the club communicate CB’s departure/search for replacement(s) today. Given the wailing and knashing of teeth (understandably) on here and elsewhere, it’s important that they show themselves to be in control of the situation rather than a hostage to it.

The squad looked thin, we got the numbers back up, and now it’s starting to look thin again.

Maybe Robinson was worried that the summer transfer thread was slowing down and wanted to give it a boost, I reckon it will hit a thousand pages now.

Won’t even have to ask people what there first bicycle was (yellow and Raleigh BMX since you asked).
Heinz 57 (mixture of bike parts) with a flashing dynamo back lights! With cow horn handlebars and black rubber handle grips!

Oh, how I so wanted a big red Chopper! e.g. not the Tomahawk!

Last edited:
Heinz 57 (mixture of bike parts) with a flashing dynamo back lights! With cow horn handlebars and black rubber handle grips!
Yet no promotion to the Championship to show for it so it all becomes a bit irrelevant really in my eyes.

It’s a bit like the whole would you rather get 4th and qualify for the Champions League or win an FA Cup. FA Cup for me because you’d look back forever in time and say you achieved something.

No one will look back in 20/30 years and say do you remember when we scored the most goals in League 1.
[/QUO

It will be interesting to see how the club communicate CB’s departure/search for replacement(s) today. Given the wailing and knashing of teeth (understandably) on here and elsewhere, it’s important that they show themselves to be in control of the situation rather than a hostage to it.
If we’ve just got Cam’s wages back and a seven-figure fee, and there are a couple of targets we’ve walked away from over a gap of £4k a week say in expectations, we might be able to make things happen very quickly.

"Cams been a gem for us and he goes with our best wishes, we're not a club that holds players back, Macca has looked great this pre-season and we've invited Jamie back to show us what he can do now he's got himself fit"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom