Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might have this wrong, but didn’t KR say something along the lines of one deal being done Sunday and another on Monday? Obviously one was Murphy, was the other Jones and it’s just not been announced or has one not quite gone to plan? That’s a question mainly for UTO 😁
Hopefully we win the battle for Rak-Sakyi and get him in for the weekend.

That’s disappointing
Wasn't ever too fussed at the prospect of signing him, think he'll just be another overhyped English youngster. As said above, i'm not massive on signing Stockton as he's had one good season in League one and I think for the cost it wouldn't be worth it but an older proven goalscorer in and around our division who we can get on a permanent would be ideal.

Wasn't ever too fussed at the prospect of signing him, think he'll just be another overhyped English youngster. As said above, i'm not massive on signing Stockton as he's had one good season in League one and I think for the cost it wouldn't be worth it but an older proven goalscorer in and around our division who we can get on a permanent would be ideal.

Stockton also helped Morecambe to promotion, so it’s not just one season.

You think how many goals he could score with the players around him and behind. He and Taylor could get 20 each quite easily.

So easy to spend someone else’s money.
So you'd prefer a player that hasn't done much over a player that been there at this level and done the business it's not about spending someone's else's money ..bit of a strange reply

Stockton also helped Morecambe to promotion, so it’s not just one season.

You think how many goals he could score with the players around him and behind. He and Taylor could get 20 each quite easily.
Scored 13 goals in League Two in their promotion winning season which at the time was a career best for him by some distance, I just think we could do better given the finances needed to sign him.

So you'd prefer a player that hasn't done much over a player that been there at this level and done the business it's not about spending someone's else's money ..bit of a strange reply

Yeah not a lot of thought went it to that comment sadly.

If we have plenty left in the pot, then if he’s available at £300k for example then we should ask the question. After all we signed Jamie Hanson for that price. No brainer.

I’d rather trust the management to make the best decision for the long term of the club with all the information they have than write off young promising players on the basis of there is a player that might be able to be bought for lots and lots of money.

We’ve made good use of the loan market before.

I’d rather trust the management to make the best decision for the long term of the club with all the information they have than write off young promising players on the basis of there is a player that might be able to be bought for lots and lots of money.

We’ve made good use of the loan market before.
The loan market has been kind to us but we've also had some s**t imo important players if you can get them on permanent deals that's better for the club and then fill out the spare places with exciting loans but hey it's not my money and I don't get to say who we should or shouldn't sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom