Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha congratulations on your God like status.If you knew me , you'll know I'm life &soul of the party.who says I may not be concerned.Just fed up with little hero's every time I commet on something.
It’s comment not commet 🤣 but over 400 pages should show you how passionate we all are and no one is a hero, as has been said already even the usual little snippets that end up in the ear of the ITK’s is not coming out.
But take it with a pinch of salt and have some fun by all means criticise I do but I try to balance with positivity, I used to be on board Dave T’s positive bus but even he criticised at times.
At the moment there is no news that is giving us a few moments of despair and worry.
But we try to have fun it’s not to difficult.

At the end of my first season supporting Oxford we were relegated out of the football league, so my experience of following this club is about 2005 onwards. I find it so hard to comprehend people on here who are disappointed with the club in its current state? On the field we are in the best position we’ve been for c. 20 years and we are sustaining ourselves as a side who claims many a scalp over the so called ‘big clubs’ at this level. We clearly don’t have the budget to be able to sign a squad that should walk over this league on paper so KR and co have had to be creative in their approach since taking over the club. I can understand the criticism that he is trying to do too much himself but what he does do generally is pretty impressive to me? Each year we have a squad that plays exciting, attacking football scoring shed load of goals in doing so. This window has been no different so far to any other that KR has had with this club so why are we expecting the result to be any different to what we have been getting in those other really enjoyable seasons? I may also be speaking for myself when I say this but I’m sure some will agree; knowing that a man with the values of KR is at the helm of this club is a really reassuring thing to me, with everything he does for our community and for our city. As I have been seeing lots of negativity on this forum recently I thought I would throw my positive outlook into the ring and hope it resonates with some. I love this club and will always give my full support to those who are evidently working so hard to make it as great as it can be with the resources it has available to it.

Trust me I have fun. Alas there's a couple of people on here quick to jump on me.To call me a troll is an insult, for having an opinion. What makes them so special & more of a oufc fan than me. None what so ever & don't they forget it

I'm not joking, but I have read, over 400 pages of the biggest load of s**t ever FACT
Doctors will call this the first case of ‘Yellows Forum 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers Syndrome’, where someone completely loses their mind and starts rambling and screaming “FACT!” at random intervals after reading the forbidden 500 pages of this thread

At the end of my first season supporting Oxford we were relegated out of the football league, so my experience of following this club is about 2005 onwards. I find it so hard to comprehend people on here who are disappointed with the club in its current state? On the field we are in the best position we’ve been for c. 20 years and we are sustaining ourselves as a side who claims many a scalp over the so called ‘big clubs’ at this level. We clearly don’t have the budget to be able to sign a squad that should walk over this league on paper so KR and co have had to be creative in their approach since taking over the club. I can understand the criticism that he is trying to do too much himself but what he does do generally is pretty impressive to me? Each year we have a squad that plays exciting, attacking football scoring shed load of goals in doing so. This window has been no different so far to any other that KR has had with this club so why are we expecting the result to be any different to what we have been getting in those other really enjoyable seasons? I may also be speaking for myself when I say this but I’m sure some will agree; knowing that a man with the values of KR is at the helm of this club is a really reassuring thing to me, with everything he does for our community and for our city. As I have been seeing lots of negativity on this forum recently I thought I would throw my positive outlook into the ring and hope it resonates with some. I love this club and will always give my full support to those who are evidently working so hard to make it as great as it can be with the resources it has available to it.
You’ve missed the good times that a hell of a lot on here have witnessed and want to see again. All we’ve seen up until about 4 years ago were promises broken promises and more promises and more broken promises.
I do hope KT has something special to make us older fans so up and think positively. At the moment we’re not witnessing any of that so yes people are feeling fairly dejected.

Doctors will call this the first case of ‘Yellows Forum 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers Syndrome’, where someone completely loses their mind and starts rambling and screaming “FACT!” at random intervals after reading the forbidden 500 pages of this thread

Mmmmm Boring FACT.Was that post supposed to be funny. FACT.

The Sinclair debate

Lots of people writing worth a go.
Clearly did not go to the Banbury game.
Sorry to report no obvious threat so please let's forget

Not mentioned but 2 other observations
Right back who started, Albanian youngster- too tall and not physically big enough - forget

Young trialist who came on at left back in last 20 minutes. Big lad, goid presence could be something- thoughts ?

Last edited:
Whatever people want to say about our transfer business - whether you are super pessimistic about it or really optimistic that things will turn round - surely everyone has to agree that this is a big, big week. Surely even the most positive fan in the world would be starting to get a bit panicky if we are sitting here a week today with no new signings over the line.

As Karl Robinson said himself, this needs to be a busy week for us. That Derby fixture is creeping up on us and there is still a fair bit we need to get done beforehand.

Because to me the messaging is all wrong. ‘Going for it’ doesn’t tally with signing players like Jerome Sinclair. Be he a back up or main striker, no team seriously considering automatic promotion is signing players like him.

If our ambition was consolidation again, rebuilding a different squad or if we’d been recently promoted, my view would be different. As it is and with a few near misses with the playoffs in recent seasons, we should be getting closer to competing at the top of the table. As it is, we have four towards out of five who are over 30 and are now padding those numbers out with a misfiring forward who hasn’t played for 12 months.

That’s not conductive to a side looking for promotion. It appears to me to be a massive backwards step.
Fully understand what your saying unification but if our management and training team think he or any other player are worth a place in the squad by working with them on a daily basis then who are we to say how well there progressing. If they decide he is up to it then that player deserves a chance to earn a contract. If it’s decided he or any other Trialist aren’t up to it then let them go . Just be open to giving them a chance rather than already making your mind up he’s not up to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom