Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cadden was watching Barnsley's friendly yesterday so would be very surprising to see him not join them

Cadden was watching Barnsley's friendly yesterday so would be very surprising to see him not join them
Any proof of that ?
Pictures?
We were told Sinclair was not training with us and in fact was, we were told Jones would be playing for us in a friendly but wasn’t

Hell I don’t know what to believe anymore, since Trump arrived and indeed departed it’s all been fake news

Their forum is a bit of a mess but not much talk of it there - just suggestion of it on Twitter and nobody seemed to be able to confirm/deny it. One poster suggests it was meant to go through on Friday but has stalled. They may know nothing though 😂

Considering how close it apparently was to being done, whatever we did appears to have stalled things slightly - either that or it’s just one of those deals that happens at walking pace as they don’t feel under any threat. We’ll have to see where he rocks up.

Not sure why there's this thing about calling out whether a person is ITK or not, things can and do change and go wrong for various reasons....using horse racing as an example, if someone puts a horse on here that is suggested comes from insiders and it gets beat, is the person ITK or not?

Those who are ITK tend to keep their powder dry and only hint at what's occurring (UTO, ECYellow). Those who think they are or have a looser grasp of what's going on spout about it on here with reckless abandon. They'll be called out for it and they have been.

This thread has trundled along and I have to say I've only dipped into it every now and again. The mood on here is pretty sour now and I understand why. We joke about 'business done early' but it seriously has to be and we've left far too many pieces of the puzzle to fit with less than three weeks to go.

We may not need another post saying it but this has been the worst summer signing season so far under KR. Geriatric attack, a threadbare defence, Mous still registered to play (but we won't bother despite him actually being quite good - just not robust enough for a full campaign), a lack of priority to cover positions - again. Signing the same old players and expecting a different result is ridiculous.

Throw Morton, Whyte, Sinclair :cautious: :rolleyes:, Findlay whoever you want into the mix this week and I still don't think you'll have a side capable of autos. That's what we've been sold and that's what we're not going to get. Overpromising and underdelivering is only going to lead to fan dissatisfaction further. As I said earlier, if we cannot compete with the ridiculous wages thrown about by Ipswich et al, say so. No one is going to be annoyed by that.

I think it really depends on who we're missing out on.

So far, and only going off the bits and piece we're talking about on here we've potentially lost Nicky Cadden to Barnsley. Now they might not be the most glamorous of clubs, but they've spent the last few years in the Championship and will likely be able to offer more than us. It looks like we put a counter offer in, but if Barnsley out bid us again there comes a point when you have to move on.

Jodi Jones. Out of contract and had a really bad run of things lately. He knows that another bad injury and his career is pretty much done, so if a Championship club (even if it is Reading) are interested and offering him a better fixed contract rather than the pay as you play that we were looking at then he'd be insane not to at least check them out.

Darragh Burns is a good prospect, no doubt about that. But maybe one that needs a good 6 months or so developing behind the scenes before being ready to make an impression in the first team. MK Dons were looking too, and off the back of their Scott Twine money, maybe they've offered more than we were willing to. If we've looked at Dawson Devoy as an alternative then that's maybe not so much of a hit.

Eoin Toal has been on our radar, but has turned down an offer from Bolton and nay well have done the same with us. Bolton have a great record at bringing Irish players over and flights/ferries from Liverpool to Ireland makes coming and going home easy.

Nathan Holland was offered a deal, and on more money than MK Dons. However he wanted firstvteam football and (rightly) we couldn't give him that assurance. He left for footballing reasons alone, and that's his choice.

Now, I'm sure there have been others, Sammie Szmodics no longer available, Cardiff looking to get what as much as they can for Whyte (having giving us best part of £2m a couple of years ago) as examples. But there's nothing to show that we're fundamentally failing to get deals done because of who we have doing them.

Let's see what this week brings because, as I've said, I think 3 is the minimum we need to bring in.
Agree with most but we need 7 in - We’ve lost a lot of players!

No-one in the world knows for sure who’s going to win a horse race before it happens though. But plenty of people could know for sure that a transfer has been completed before it is announced to the general public.
On the latter point ( since this is a football forum ) that is correct but we are mostly talking in a window thread regarding potential targets and with social platforms this can and is often very wide range. is there much difference between a person saying we are looking at Player A days/ weeks before to another person saying we've signed player A hours before it's announced?

If it was just a matter of waiting until 2 or 3 posters give their input 24 hours or so prior to announcement, there would be no need for a thread on the subject and we'd all wait until the club make that announcement which given how the current thread has gone might be the best solution.

We can bitch all we like about missing out on players but is house price a problem? We can match or beat Barnsley on money but if Mrs Cadden is looking on Rightmove she’s looking at a Manor House in Yorkshire or an estate house in Oxford.

They don't have to live in Park Town!

Sure, they don't have salaries as big as PL players, but L1 players earn comfortably above the national average salary so have a better choice of property than most.

Their forum is a bit of a mess but not much talk of it there - just suggestion of it on Twitter and nobody seemed to be able to confirm/deny it. One poster suggests it was meant to go through on Friday but has stalled. They may know nothing though 😂

Considering how close it apparently was to being done, whatever we did appears to have stalled things slightly - either that or it’s just one of those deals that happens at walking pace as they don’t feel under any threat. We’ll have to see where he rocks up.
I looked at their forum,they have only just started a rumours page,ours is over 400 pages long
There is more discussion over who is the better batsman Root or Boycott 😀

I looked at their forum,they have only just started a rumours page,ours is over 400 pages long
There is more discussion over who is the better batsman Root or Boycott 😀
and on there it was Dickie Bird that (got) called Out

i'll get my coat

I do love waking up to a little character assassination on here! Guess what, breaking news, I got the Jerome Sinclair thing wrong!! It happens, and when it does I hold my hands up! However, maybe point me in the direction of one single credible post that said that he was training with us? We know that some are very very good at knowing what's going on at the club, and none of them predicted this with a couple saying that they hadn't heard anything about Sinclair either.

I'm constantly told that I have to be balanced in what I post, but this is by those who never have any balance themselves. Look at the posts I've made about players that (we think) we've missed out on. That provides a fair and reasonable appraisal of our dealings, and whilst it's frustrating to miss out on any targets, are there any that we absolutely should have got?

I've said before that this last week of games has been about showcasing the club around the county and (financially) supporting our neighbours. The real work begins now. I've also said that we need a minimum of three players in this week if we have any chance of fielding the season ready starting line up that Robinson wants. Is that not realistic? Does that not offer a little balance to the debate?

And finally, my opinion is my own. Anyone is perfectly entitled to disagree or to say I'm talking rubbish. But I'm equally able to say the same in return. I was called a "vile individual" yesterday!! Do I get all sulky or did I just laugh at it? Some take what I say far too personally and get triggered because of it coming from me without actually reading what I post. But there are others who very clearly agree with me and think that I add value to the board. So there's your balance, and I'm not planning on changing so take it or leave it!

I've not read this whole thread, but has anyone talked about goalkeepers? I was a fan of Stevens, until I saw his stats for last season. They don't lie, as they say. Poor performances from both Jack and Eastie in the games yesterday. I don't think we'll get promoted with either in goal. Sadly, it's a position which I don't believe it's on Robbo's radar. He'll no doubt realise when it's too late.

I've not read this whole thread, but has anyone talked about goalkeepers? I was a fan of Stevens, until I saw his stats for last season. They don't lie, as they say. Poor performances from both Jack and Eastie in the games yesterday. I don't think we'll get promoted with either in goal. Sadly, it's a position which I don't believe it's on Robbo's radar. He'll no doubt realise when it's too late.
It’s been discussed yes and you’re certainly not alone. The discussion was a mixed bag; many in favour of staying loyal given some of the circumstances that may be behind their performances I.e. illness in the case of Stevens. But many others were with you in that they felt a change was needed.

I think it’s safe to say it’s unlikely a keeper is on the agenda for us this summer and it’s understandable given the priorities elsewhere. Perhaps something to revisit at the end of august if it’s more of the same in the first 5 or 6 games?

400+ pages and you don’t think we’ve discussed goalkeepers?! We’ve discussed everything that there is possible to discuss… I’m pretty sure the compete works of Shakespeare are in there somewhere

Couldn’t agree more

400+ pages and you don’t think we’ve discussed goalkeepers?! We’ve discussed everything that there is possible to discuss… I’m pretty sure the compete works of Shakespeare are in there somewhere

Toby, or not Toby, that is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to bring in another defender in case we have injuries and suspensions from 1st September!

(Actually doesn't look a bad player!!)

Wish I hadn’t read this whole thread, it’s beginning to make War and Peace look like a short novel

Should have read more Hampshire Yellow beat me to it

Toby, or not Toby, that is the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to bring in another defender in case we have injuries and suspensions from 1st September!

(Actually doesn't look a bad player!!)
Like flies to wanton boys are we to KR; he plays with us for his sport!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom