Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly there folks! A few more posts and we shall have clocked up 400 pages without a signing.
(We can probably do that by just continuing the argument as to what constitutes a new signing).

I would like to think KR has more irons in the fire than just Findlay and a m cording to reports today I doubt whether Sinclair will be with us next season

Unless the board has been told that the manager doesn’t want somebody working above him unless he gets to personally select them, and they’ve (quite amazingly) agreed to it while he then says that he doesn’t feel he needs anyone at the moment unless Steve Gallen magically decides to sign up?

The board certainly had no problem with coughing up over a million pounds to redecorate and refurbish the entire training complex this summer, nor spending (and turning down) boat loads of money on signing and keeping players over the last year, so I’m not sure there’s a lack of cash or a lack of willingness to invest in a key member of staff. They paid half a million quid in wages and loan fees to sign Herbie Kane for a single season. Half that amount per year in wages would get you the best head of recruitment / DoF in the entire division. Given player trading is basically the only meaningful revenue stream that the football club has outside of mere match tickets, why wouldn’t the board invest in making sure that recruitment is as good as it can reasonably be? It’s the only department of the business taking any of the strain off their own wallets. Why would they spend over a million pounds on some new furniture and some fancy LED lights in the changing rooms at Horspath to then starve the club of a vital staff member? How would that make any sense?

The answer is that the board is both willing and able to hire somebody to sit in that chair, and at some point soon they’re going to need to do it regardless of any tantrums that might occur as a result. The recruitment department is currently set up exactly how the person starting to whinge about it on the radio wants it to be.

A shame too that ultimately, if everything does hit the fan and a tough decision is taken, said individual will use the media to place all of the blame on everyone else.

While others will keep their counsel as they don’t wish to air their dirty laundry in public.

But plenty will go along with the louder voice because they’re swept up in the emotion.

It really needs lancing and it’s a shame that it might take a wasted window (and season) to make the right call on structures and processes.

However, better late than never. Particularly with what we’re looking to build towards.

BBC Radio Oxford said they will be at Eastleigh Wednesday with full commentary. It will be very interesting to see what happens between this evening & Wednesday evening regarding transfers.

We all know KR won’t hold back if there’s been no further progress considering he wants a few new faces in to play v Coventry in 7 days.

Sounds like the 2 players close to signing are Stuart Findlay & a loan left back.

I saw Tiger at the North Leigh game he seemed cheerful enough but no mention of incomings but he’s not the financial clout so we will have to wait and see.

Not much talk of incoming midfield potential signings maybe afte last seasons defensive issues KR is concentrating on that first, but I just how he is looking at a couple of wingers

BBC Radio Oxford said they will be at Eastleigh Wednesday with full commentary. It will be very interesting to see what happens between this evening & Wednesday evening regarding transfers.

We all know KR won’t hold back if there’s been no further progress considering he wants a few new faces in to play v Coventry in 7 days.

Sounds like the 2 players close to signing are Stuart Findlay & a loan left back.

Not the left back, I've heard it's that lad from Liverpool who is a midfielder.

Today at North Leigh as I’m sure at Banbury as well it was like an oven and maybe they weren’t at the top of their game because of the heat I just hope that come the Coventry game we are more at the races so to speak.

Not much talk of incoming midfield potential signings maybe afte last seasons defensive issues KR is concentrating on that first, but I just how he is looking at a couple of wingers
That's where the wife's cats been all afternoon I hope she enjoyed the football she definitely hasn't got any financial clout unless we can deal in Felix

I would think that we need to bring in at least three player this week if we're to look at anywhere near a starting line up for Coventry. Centre back (Findlay), Left Back, Right Winger. Get them in and we've got the basis of a team ready to compete.

Add to that another winger or two, a 3rd/4th striker, a ball playing centre midfielder, a deeper midfielder and defensive cover (some in the next couple of weeks, a few during August) and we're looking at decent squad with balance and depth.

I would think that we need to bring in at least three player this week if we're to look at anywhere near a starting line up for Coventry. Centre back (Findlay), Left Back, Right Winger. Get them in and we've got the basis of a team ready to compete.

Add to that another winger or two, a 3rd/4th striker, a ball playing centre midfielder, a deeper midfielder and defensive cover (some in the next couple of weeks, a few during August) and we're looking at decent squad with balance and depth.
I could go with that it would be a start

Cadden will join the growing list of players who get talked about every transfer window but never sign, doing a Matt Tubbs it should be called.
Depends what you believe this season. I agree he’s been talked about as a signing over the last couple of seasons and at the beginning of this season it was we would be looking at Cadden, if Barnsley habe jumoed in to try and secure his signature but we’ve upped our offer for his services then who knows he may change his mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom