Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Findlay is currently earning $450k a year, which translates at current exchange rates to about £375k. Plus, cost of living is substantially lower around Philly than it is around Oxford. Have to imagine that if we are signing him then he won't be taking a big pay cut, and he'll therefore be one of our highest paid players.
He’s out of contract at Christmas. Perhaps he’s been told it won’t be renewed and therefore a three year deal in the UK seems quite attractive.

I know people are saying we are going to be signing some quality players BUT and I'm still not going to judge this window until it closes as their is no point do we think this window could turn out like the January one last season where if we had got that right we could have won promotion (maybe) I just feel like January was abit of a disappointment and this summer could be the same
I think as this very thread proves, the transfer windows were and continue to be a sk* over hyped machine to get viewers. The sad thing is that many fans across the isles have swallowed it and along with social media does lead to the "Instant" fix mentality.

I've made no secret of my dislike of the Jan Window, it's often used as an excuse / admission that you got things wrong in the summer. Along with the Play Offs that hide the true picture, when in the past you finished 20+ pts from the top /2 you had to address it but now it's led to a lazier approach where 4th is celebrated like winning the league and the Play Offs is seen as a decent mark for your season.

It astounds me that supporters are quite happy to see us sign a crock every season, rather than sign someone who has got a good record of staying fit and injury free.
It wouldnt quite be groundhog day would it though, without robinsons walking wounded and journeymen.

It wouldnt quite be groundhog day would it though, without robinsons walking wounded and journeymen.
Is anyone remotely surprised? Talk of systems changes/different approaches etc- baloney.

Though I am genuinely stunned at our lack of signings I thought we would have made maybe 1 to help season tickets along. Can't be many teams currently weaker than at the end of last season!

Is anyone remotely surprised? Talk of systems changes/different approaches etc- baloney.

Though I am genuinely stunned at our lack of signings I thought we would have made maybe 1 to help season tickets along. Can't be many teams currently weaker than at the end of last season!
How are we weaker

There will be plenty of teams who will be weaker when the window closes, which is why they will finish lower in the table than the previous season.

I think we are in a far better position than July 7th 2021 given the players we have retained, which is the better comparison.

There will be plenty of teams who will be weaker when the window closes, which is why they will finish lower in the table than the previous season.

I think we are in a far better position than July 7th 2021 given the players we have retained, which is the better comparison.
We are clearly weaker right now but only the most doomy posters don’t expect us to make a couple of strong signings and some squad players

We've lost our best defender and all our wingers.

But absolutely not weaker..

You can’t seriously think that Robinson is not going to replace those wingers though? Like a woman with shoes he is probably just going from winger shop to winger shop before eventually signing the ones he looked at first (hello Gavin Whyte).

We've lost our best defender and all our wingers.

But absolutely not
We lost our most promising defender, I'd say Elliot Moore and Ciaran Brown are actually better ' defensively ' at this moment in time . Lukes attacking play is another thing altogether.
Holland , Whyte ( hopefully returns ) Williams , Sykes replacable .
Browne already an improvement while Goodrham lots of potential. There will be other wingers coming in .

Please No
Forget previous players who whilst left on his own accord was clearly on a downwards spiral

Only a suggestion.
Heard we’re in for U21 Luke Nippard, released from Bournemouth, CM but can play RB. Apparently as a development project. Anyone know if there’s truth in that?

Looking at the Oxford Mail transfer tracker, most teams have one or two more players than they started the summer with. We have two fewer - the worst of any team. So I understand the concern.

(of course this ignores loans from last season who left, and the quality of ins and outs)

But it is only a handful of signings.

In the meantime, Browne, Bodin, Baldock, Taylor, Brannagan, Henry are players that can win us matches in the first part of the season.

Brown, Moore, Long, Seddon, Gorrin can keep us in matches.

One or more of the kids will step up and do a job.

As you can see, I'm going to try and remain positive. Especially since it will be like this for a long time. Lots of deals and loans won't be finalised until very end of the window, as the big clubs decide who they don't need and that trickles down the leagues.

We are light years from the playoffs. We look like we are going to be languishing mid table at best.

The only way to change that is to bring in some real quality, and KR has had plenty of time this window. We are just not able to attract the players he’s targeting. Awful window so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom