Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
To achieve the status of True Supporter, the following must be adhered to:

1. Thou shalt not question the club.
2. Thou shalt not question the manager.
3. Thou shall be joyous at the signing of every player.
4. Thou shall board the Positive Bus.
5. Else, thou must join a Brigade.

I just thought it was time that everyone had it clarified. 👍🏻

What is tiresome is having posters like you saying that our transfer business has stopped us getting relegated but has achieved nothing else.

Nothing except having us compete at the top of the league 3 seasons running and offsetting our losses by bringing millions in. The board have stated on numerous occasions that the club needs to be run with a sustainable business plan, and that includes selling players at times. They are pumping millions into the training ground and plans for a new stadium. Who's to say whether or not they would still be here if we weren't sticking to this business model.

And you say that "a few" posters have made "a few" comments about lack of transfers. We've had several making hundreds of negative comments including assertions that there's no money, that players don't want to sign for Robinson, and that we wouldn't be able to field a team against Derby. But for those looking to counter that rubbish we are seen as trying to take the moral highground?

So please excuse me if I don't get on board with the doomsday scenario's that are being played out by "a few".
Why really do you bother posting? You offer no substance to any post made, simply as here, go on a personal crusade against a person, who you think dares to question the club.
However you view a poster, why not simply make your point back, rather than doing the equivalent of picking the legs off a daddy longlegs, everytime you respond.
As this poster says, people really are getting weary of it.

You always seem angry about something. Remember the character, MR Angry, on Steve Wrights radio show in the 1980's? You are exactly like him at the moment.

Just in case you didn’t know, but I’m sure you do, 8 isn’t half of 24. 12th and below would be mid-table.
Well, that maths doesn't properly track either, you'd then be suggesting 24th is mid table.

For my mind we just finished above mid table if you split it into thirds, 9th to 16th being mid table.

I'm quite happy to have brown back we need a few of his sort not a fancy player just does the simple things and puts his body on the line
Welcome back.ciaron
Now can we actually sign some new players 😂
Some people can’t see that 🤔

What is tiresome is having posters like you saying that our transfer business has stopped us getting relegated but has achieved nothing else.

Nothing except having us compete at the top of the league 3 seasons running and offsetting our losses by bringing millions in. The board have stated on numerous occasions that the club needs to be run with a sustainable business plan, and that includes selling players at times. They are pumping millions into the training ground and plans for a new stadium. Who's to say whether or not they would still be here if we weren't sticking to this business model.

And you say that "a few" posters have made "a few" comments about lack of transfers. We've had several making hundreds of negative comments including assertions that there's no money, that players don't want to sign for Robinson, and that we wouldn't be able to field a team against Derby. But for those looking to counter that rubbish we are seen as trying to take the moral highground?

So please excuse me if I don't get on board with the doomsday scenario's that are being played out by "a few".
The relegation comment was more to prevent people going 'well it could be worse, we could get relegated, temper your expectations' etc., which it clearly succeeded in.
For the record, I thoroughly enjoyed the 19/20 season (until covid ruined it), but ultimately, the squad failed to achieve. Maybe that was more down to an injury to James Henry than transfers (every time we have our worst run of form he seems to be injured, which says to me he's more important than a lot of people here think he is).

Are 'a few' posters not allowed to be concerned? Are they not allowed to ask questions of 'Do we have money? Do the board want promotion? Do the players want promotion?' (And no, these are not questions or beliefs I hold before you start there).

The doomsday lot would be delighted if we get promotion. Let's see what happens this season before making a conclusion either way.

b4132a4c3525dbd37eb0a078cf3b0d65.jpg

That’s Jones as good as confirmed then! I really hope he kicks on with us, and shuts a few people up along the way! All the best to the lad. Clearly a talented player, and a low risk / high reward type of signing. I would imagine it’ll be a 1 year deal, and his salary will be subject to appearances.

I’m sure this will boil the P**s of some; and for that reason alone, I’m backing this lad! COYY!
It certainly doesn't boil my P**s, I'm not convinced it's the best move from us though. With the likes of how lots of these type of Robinson signings have worked out Thorne, Holmes, Winnall, giving Hall new contract etc and combined with the fact that we have to manage Brown and Gorrin back from long term injuries plus manage Bodin who I still think needs to demonstrate he can play week in and week out for a season, I think giving a squad place to someone like this is not quite low risk. That's my view but if we sign him, I hope he smashes it.

Having just come up from Div.2 you would hope we would be able to offer more for Norwood and be more of a prospect than B.Rovers. If not why not?

Good solid signing, I did think a few people were a bit dismissive of him coming back but I think it’s definitely decent signing and I wouldn’t be against him starting for us in a back three, I do think if we’re only going to play two at the back then we do need someone else to come in who is going to expect to start week in, week out
Dismissive only in the sense that he is not a wow signing
Good average player at best that was in our disappointing end of season run.
Trying to be polite

Good solid signing, I did think a few people were a bit dismissive of him coming back but I think it’s definitely decent signing and I wouldn’t be against him starting for us in a back three, I do think if we’re only going to play two at the back then we do need someone else to come in who is going to expect to start week in, week out
I actually think he could turn out to be a decent left wing back.

Although I've originally said I hope we would do better than Brown, I'm not unhappy we've signed him. Extremely useful to have a player who can cover left back and centre back, especially with our total lack of defensive depth last season. Even more useful if we're going to be playing a back 3 in games this season.

Also, that rocket of a long throw, nice to have if you're chasing a game.

I think I can think of one singular post suggesting players saying they don't want to sign for Karl, but that's it. I don't think anyone's suggested we won't be able to field a team for the opening game of the season. It feels like you're reaching to find extreme negative viewpoints to make yourself seem reasonable in comparison.

The majority of 'negative' posts have been bemoaning the club's speed of transfer activity, and considering the same thing happened in January and in previous summer windows, I think it's a fair question to raise. What I don't like is that your perpetual positivity has become a benchmark in which you judge other people. If they dare question anything about the club, it falls under the 'negative' category and you react like it's a personal attack on yourself.

I'm all for a bit of positivity to counter the sometimes negative views on this forum, but sometimes I do think you need to check yourself so that you're not calling out every opposing viewpoint to yours as negative.

Well, that maths doesn't properly track either, you'd then be suggesting 24th is mid table.

For my mind we just finished above mid table if you split it into thirds, 9th to 16th being mid table.

I agree. I think you understand what I was getting at though haha. Finishing 8th is absolutely not mid-table!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom