Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we’re waiting for the McNally move to go through so we can reassess the budget as a whole and then distribute it accordingly…?

Times ticking though and there is a chance we miss out on a player fannying around when it comes to our budget.

I'm glad there's no longer any social distancing requirements with covid. I reckon @Leysboy @Wandering Yellow and @Oufccraig45 will be sat round the same table as @greatunclekip sharing a KFC banquet.

Although to be fair, I feel sorry for Kip in that group! At least he delivers his misery with his tongue firmly in his cheek!!
And 7 of your last 9 posts have been moaning about people not being blindly positive

I would guess you post more than the 4 you mentioned combined, And I know which one I’m completely bored of reading constantly, have a day off for Gods sake

I would actually be disappointed to see Mous not included in the squad now we are allowed to use 5 subs.

Mous was superb against Shrews (yes I know the comments about struggling the next day) and while I am not for one minute suggesting he starts regularly, he has tremendous leadership, know how etc that we simply don’t have in the building.

We do need better defenders than last season, but if I’m seeing Mous come on for the last 5/10 mins as the 4th/5th sub in tight games where we need a true leader, then I’ll be happy with that.

Put simply, I think there are still qualities he has, that we don’t necessarily have in the back half of the pitch. These are not qualities that are easy to come by. I’d argue with him doing the full pre season, he still has the fitness to play some role.

He is a coach so whether he is in the playing squad or not the qualities are about the team. That must of been some game he had against Shrewsbury though, didn’t see it but to justify a squad place in these days of limited numbers off of one game is some going.

He is a 36 year old who has started two games in two and a half years, you would hope we can do better than that.

And 7 of your last 9 posts have been moaning about people not being blindly positive

I would guess you post more than the 4 you mentioned combined, And I know which one I’m completely bored of reading constantly, have a day off for Gods sake

Don't get your hopes up!!

I would say, his ability is above average for the squad, in my view anyway. He only played 21 games last season so I think it remains to be seen how fit he stays this season.
I think you forget the fact he was available throughout the 1st half of the season he was always on the bench NOT INJURED it was only when we changed formations in the 2nd half of the season he got the game time as a number 10 in 3-4-1-2 system (he got only 1 injury for around 3/4 weeks)

Last edited:
He is a coach so whether he is in the playing squad or not the qualities are about the team. That must of been some game he had against Shrewsbury though, didn’t see it but to justify a squad place in these days of limited numbers off of one game is some going.

He is a 36 year old who has started two games in two and a half years, you would hope we can do better than that.
It is different in a game scenario.

He will be watching the game from the heart of the defence, as opposed to the side of the pitch. Leadership on the pitch is different to leadership off the pitch.

I take your point about his lack of game time, but that is KR’s decision. You would think when we moved to 3 at the back, you could accommodate a slightly slower player who reads the game exceptionally well.

I know it’s then difficult, because he probably couldn’t go 3 games in a week and you are chopping and changing, which isn’t helpful.

Either way, I know the value Mous will bring on the field if we use him correctly. We will not go up without experienced heads who know how to see out tough games. At the moment, our more senior heads are at the top of the field and it’s entirely different.

at the moment all i see is Jodi Jones is training with us with a view to trying to get a contract. If we do offer one he will clearly be a squad player, whats all the fuss about?
Jodi Jones looked absolutely brilliant a couple of years ago. Not sure what happened to him but IMO would be a very good signing if a bit of a gamble. Plus KR needs to up the number of wingers in his squad!

That's actually a rather bold statement and far from the given that you imply (at this stage - despite what any of us may wish).
I think that it's a far bolder statement to suggest otherwise.

I don't know names, but I do know the budget that we're working with and the level of players we're looking at. There are no guarantees in any transfer window but things would have to go catastrophically wrong in numerous levels for us to be worried about youth and crocks alone.

We saw last season that Mous can do a job if needed
Every time we started dicking about with square pegs in round holes to avoid having to start him suggests otherwise.
I would actually be disappointed to see Mous not included in the squad now we are allowed to use 5 subs.

Mous was superb against Shrews (yes I know the comments about struggling the next day) and while I am not for one minute suggesting he starts regularly, he has tremendous leadership, know how etc that we simply don’t have in the building.

We do need better defenders than last season, but if I’m seeing Mous come on for the last 5/10 mins as the 4th/5th sub in tight games where we need a true leader, then I’ll be happy with that.

Put simply, I think there are still qualities he has, that we don’t necessarily have in the back half of the pitch. These are not qualities that are easy to come by. I’d argue with him doing the full pre season, he still has the fitness to play some role.
If he has a role off the pitch, his job should be off the pitch.

We have limited squad places and, more importantly, a limited squad budget. Since Mackie there seems to be a weird acceptance in our fan base that we need to have a couple of players who aren't employed to play, if we want any success. It's proper odd. I don't remember anyone playing that role the last time we were promoted.

There are plenty of experienced football league professionals capable of showing the youngsters how to act whilst also playing 1-2 games a week. In 2015, Wright, Mullins, Skarz, Sercombe, McDonald, Maguire, Taylor all helped set standards and made sure we weren't pushovers. Why we think we can't sign their L1 equivalents now, I don't know.

Suspect if McNally goes if we’ll end up with the fourth biggest budget in the division and 4 weeks to sign 8 players of the right quality (in the right positions).

Maybe a little bit early to be drawing any conclusions about our transfer window…

Suspect if McNally goes if we’ll end up with the fourth biggest budget in the division and 4 weeks to sign 8 players of the right quality (in the right positions).

Maybe a little bit early to be drawing any conclusions about our transfer window…
Surely the money wouldn’t go into the team? We are said to have a good budget anyway so why would we need to sell one of our better players? It would only make sense if the money was to help with debt repayments

I think you forget the fact he was available throughout the 1st half of the season he was always on the bench NOT INJURED it was only when formations in the 2nd half of the season he got the game time as a number 10 in 3-4-1-2 system (he got only 1 injury for around 3/4 weeks)
No I haven't forgot that he didn't play, partly through being on the bench, I suspect, because of both tactics and managing his fitness! The point I made was he only played 21 matches. It remains to be seen if he can manage more than that!

Surely the money wouldn’t go into the team? We are said to have a good budget anyway so why would we need to sell one of our better players? It would only make sense if the money was to help with debt repayments
All clubs are selling clubs for the right price.

It’s in the clubs interest if it feels it can improve the team overall for the value of the transfer. It’s in the player’s interests to sign for a higher level club on treble the salary. It’s in the buyers interest to get the quality it needs for each position.

I’m sure some of the extra cash will go into the playing budget and some will go into the club.

I’d also add that if my employer blocked me from joining a bigger company on triple the salary, my performance level and attitude to work might waver too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom