Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oufcstevens18

Getting over the disappointment of yesterday’s result against Plymouth was thinking what do we need to strengthen us for next season. All I kept thinking about was how we need a ST next to Taylor/Baldock who does not stop running a harassing opposition defences.

I feel we need a LWB & RWB and could even go to the extent of saying a new GK

Any suggestions of players would like to see ?

For me I’d like to sign someone like Alfie May from Cheltenham. When we have played against him this year he has been very lively and would suit or pressing from the front style ?

Last edited by a moderator:
While I suggested it before James Norwood was said to me only last week as something that will happen depending on which Division we end up in . That from an Ipswich supporting mate out of the blue .

Cadden from FGR sounded a good shout. He plays anywhere on the left I believe.

He strikes me as one of those players we are always linked with but never sign, seems to come up every window but never gets here.

Robinson likes players that he knows or has been looking at for some time. So I wouldn't rule deals for Ciaron Brown and/or Jordan Thorniley. Equally, Nathan Holland on a free might be on the cards. He's not set the world alight this season, but a good season with us and he could be a real asset.

I think we'll get Herbie Kane on a permanent deal and would think that we'd be looking at Nicky Cadden and Sam Szmodics again after real interest in January. Norwood is also someone we were looking at and a decent option if we're going to stick with the 2 up front and one in the hole.

And of course there will be the young Irish players that only @Nadi- has heard of, the one that gets absolutely slatted on here before they kick a ball, and the one who is still injured when signed but might just be the best we've ever seen.

Robinson likes players that he knows or has been looking at for some time. So I wouldn't rule deals for Ciaron Brown and/or Jordan Thorniley. Equally, Nathan Holland on a free might be on the cards. He's not set the world alight this season, but a good season with us and he could be a real asset.

I think we'll get Herbie Kane on a permanent deal and would think that we'd be looking at Nicky Cadden and Sam Szmodics again after real interest in January. Norwood is also someone we were looking at and a decent option if we're going to stick with the 2 up front and one in the hole.

And of course there will be the young Irish players that only @Nadi- has heard of, the one that gets absolutely slatted on here before they kick a ball, and the one who is still injured when signed but might just be the best we've ever seen.
Szmodicsc as well as Cadden and Kane would be good business.
I don't think that Nathan Holkand has done anywhere near enough to justify us going for him?

I don't think that Nathan Holkand has done anywhere near enough to justify us going for him?
It’s funny, Holland hasn’t progressed at all. But if goes to Charlton or Gills he’ll probably do well against us.

I hope we don't go for either Brown or Holland.

Brown just hasn't looked very good and Holland plays well about once in every five appearances.

For me I just feel we lack pace up top. We need a Pacey striker I would personally

Let Winnall go , brown also no perm and Holland he hasn’t done enough for us to pay a fee. I’d give Bodin another year but I do feel when fit Browne will play in that position behind the Two ST

Depends what league we are in

If we stay in League 1 the likelihood is a massive rebuild anyway come the summer with clubs being interested in our key assets: Stevens, Moore, McNally, Brannagan & then Sykes leaving on a free (then all 5 will need replacing with the same sort of quality) Kane as well will go back to Barnsley unless we get a deal done but not holding much hope unless we go up, Baldock I think will stay along with Bodin, then get rid of the dead wood in Winnall Hanson & wouldn’t bother looking to signing Ciaron Brown Nathan Holland or Gavin Whyte who constantly keeps costing us points by not taking his dozen clear cut chances he’s missed this season, look to transfer list Seddon simply not good enough, 50/50 on whether Gorrin wants to stay

It would be a massive rebuild if we got into the championship anyway as only 7/8 players would be classed good enough currently from this squad to play in that division

I would.

Sign
Bodin ,Kane, Baldock, Gorrin, Brown and Thorniley

Let go.

Sykes (will leave anyways), hanson, winnall, ben davis ,whyte ,Holland, Mousinho (coach only)

Would of let Forde go but some reason we have extended his contract.

Then we need through the door.

1 x left back
1x right back
1 x defensive midfielder
1 x striker
2 x wingers with real pace

Bare minimum needed I think.

The likelihood is we will sit down with Jamie Hanson’s agent to tell him we are letting him go, then 5 minutes later Hanson will walk out of the door with a new 4 year deal and a pay rise, best agent in the business.

Will Peterborough look to offload SS, given they will be back in L1? He was superb at that level.

NC, I don’t think we’ll be the only club vying for his signature - not a given.

NH, not the signing of a club going for automatic promotion, which I hope we will be next season (if we don’t make it this season). Let him warm the bench elsewhere.

Out of the loan players currently at the club.

I want Herbie Kane on a permanent. What a player. STAY

Gavin Whyte - 50/50 on him, see how he finishes the season this next month. UNSURE

Ciaron Brown - Been okay, solid. But a big down grade on Thorniley. Not for me. GO

Nathan Holland - Don’t want him back. Been very poor. GO

Depends what league we are in

If we stay in League 1 the likelihood is a massive rebuild anyway come the summer with clubs being interested in our key assets: Stevens, Moore, McNally, Brannagan & then Sykes leaving on a free (then all 5 will need replacing with the same sort of quality) Kane as well will go back to Barnsley unless we get a deal done but not holding much hope unless we go up, Baldock I think will stay along with Bodin, then get rid of the dead wood in Winnall Hanson & wouldn’t bother looking to signing Ciaron Brown Nathan Holland or Gavin Whyte who constantly keeps costing us points by not taking his dozen clear cut chances he’s missed this season, look to transfer list Seddon simply not good enough, 50/50 on whether Gorrin wants to stay

It would be a massive rebuild if we got into the championship anyway as only 7/8 players would be classed good enough currently from this squad to play in that division

First day of preseason will have Easty and Sam Long doing keepy upies on their own at that rate!!!

The likelihood is we will sit down with Jamie Hanson’s agent to tell him we are letting him go, then 5 minutes later Hanson will walk out of the door with a new 4 year deal and a pay rise, best agent in the business.
Never mind walking out of the door, he'll probably walk into the door, break his toe and be out for six more weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom