Transfer News 2022/23 Season Incoming Transfers and a few other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Gorrin gets back to how he has played prior to his injury, that position is covered. Right now, he isn't fit enough and it showed last week when he came on.
The games we have this month are not necessarily 'Gorrin games' and therefore MM playing there when we will have to do less defending is a positive thing - not least because of his good form.

If you think MM is the answer over a fully fit Gorrin in the big games this year in the CDM position, then I am not quite sure you will ever understand the necessary requirements of the role.

Very few players play this role effectively against good sides. Fortunately, we have one in Gorrin. He just isn't fit yet.

McGuane has been poor for us for a year. He was my MOTM at Derby but that’s one game.

Gorrin has been out injured for a year. Before that injury he was one of the better holding midfielders in the league.

Both have major questions to answer and it would be a massive risk not to sign an experienced holding midfielder to add to our squad with those doubts.
Gorrin was a weak link last season, hence Kane came in. Good squad player, but not really comfortable on the ball, slow (needs a couple of touches), and plays sideways most of the time (Ray Wilkins would be proud to be his coach). Great in the 22, but let’s not forget what most of us were saying before his injury, and it was not along the lines of ‘one of the better’.

Last edited:
No we aren't in desperate need to fill lb, RB and striker, if we aspire to mid to lower mid table.
But if we want to be pushing for promotion an injection of much higher quality is needed on both sides with long and brown as back ups. I thought that was pretty clear. Equally if Taylor is out of form or god forbid gets injured then that's when we need the next striker, or we start the bare bones nightmare scenario of moving people to play out of their natural position.
The main barrier to this is the high and mighty Robinson, who seems to act like Julius Caesar when it comes to signings. It's his way or no way and at the moment he doesn't think we need a left back, which is scary. But we all know what happened to Julius Caesar. You can read script with injuries and Oxford.
The loaning of the Leeds lad could turn out to be a great move, but another week passes and the 4 positions that need filling remain unfilled on the eve of game 2.
CB, Striker, RB and LB are needed.
I think we will be giving time to:-

So Taylor gets injured tomorrow, who is the natural striker to play up front on Tuesday or Saturday? We start playing people out of position immediately, game 3.

Is that really the way a promotion pushing side goes about setting themselves up for successful season?

If Taylor gets injured, I’d argue that is when we’d be in ‘desperate need to fill’ the striker position. It’s all semantics. We need a striker, we all agree on that even KR, I just don’t think some fans over-blowing the severity of the situation helps anybody.

If Taylor gets injured, I’d argue that is when we’d be in ‘desperate need to fill’ the striker position. It’s all semantics. We need a striker, we all agree on that even KR, I just don’t think some fans over-blowing the severity of the situation helps anybody.
with how tough it appears to be to recruit, I'd say that point would be way too late, hence why a lot people are rightly saying we need a new striker, now. And that is a fair enough and correct call.

Joseph would a cracking loan. Plenty of minutes under his belt already, and would add some youthful exuberance up top. Has scored goals in ok teams before, let’s see how he gets on in a good one. We are two full-backs away from a very strong squad, and injuries to YW and SB mean another forward will come in. Happy days if this comes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom