Matches 2022-23 Fixtures

There shouldn't be any fixtures on that day, surely the clubs could agree to move games to Wednesday 15th?

What could be more romantic than Plymouth at home?
You could upgrade to a VIP package if they're really special.

Personally, I'm very disappointed that Oxford are away on 30th July, as this will probably be the only ever EFL fixture list to start in July.

I 'collect' dates on which I've seen Oxford play at home, and was very pleased with the Coventry friendly on 16th July, as I've never seen them at home on that date (and presumably no-one else has!)

Don't worry, the Saudi World Cup is probably only a decade away.

Personally, I'm very disappointed that Oxford are away on 30th July, as this will probably be the only ever EFL fixture list to start in July.

I 'collect' dates on which I've seen Oxford play at home, and was very pleased with the Coventry friendly on 16th July, as I've never seen them at home on that date (and presumably no-one else has!)
You need to get out more albeit given the nature of your 'collection' you probably already get out quite a lot..........

If we get drawn at home in FACup rounds 1 and 2 we will be at home for every Saturday in November!

I pity the vidiprinter typist if they draw Steven Gerrard's Aston Villa or Frank Lampards Everton in one of the cups

It's not so bad with "Stevie G" and "Fat Frank" as shorthand (not that I advocate the use of either)

I'd call it a middling start but nowhere near as bad as the starts to the previous 3 seasons.

Really, the last 2 months sunk the season.

It's an interesting (and common) perception, but lets actually look at our last 10 games of last season...
Our record was: W4 D2 L4 (and one draw was the dead rubber against Donny on the final day).
14 points - just 1 behind the opening 10 games (and if it has anything riding on it we'd likely have beaten Donny and got 16 points - a point more than the opening 10 games).

Furthermore, that final 10 was more balanced (5 home, 5 away) and included:
- 5 games against top half sides (vs 2 in the opening 10 games).
- 4 games against top 8 sides (vs 1 in the opening 10 games).
- 2 games against promoted teams (vs 0 in the opening 10 games).

Obviously it was a poor end to the season (and if you looked at just the final 6 or 8 games it looks worse), but you can genuinely argue that we did better in the final 10 games than the first 10 on the balance of who we played and where. It felt even worse than it was because others around us were in great form and obviously there was little chance for recovery (whereas at the beginning of seasons you can be more forgiving - which I think also explains why this period slipped under the radar).

For me, it certainly highlights the importance of a genuinely good start, especially when up against what are likely to be bottom-half sides. As I say, it looks similar this season so lets not be complacent.

Nah.

'Just popping out to buy you some flowers, love'

Three hours later....

'You wouldn't believe what happened on the way to the florists...'
As long as you eventually have flowers on your return then you're golden. Nobody said how long you'd be, or indeed which florist.

International breaks (non World Cup) are 19th-27th September and 20th-28th March.
Home game v Fleetwood and then away game v Cheltenham fall in them.
MK Dons at Home (17th Sept) and Morecambe away (18th March) just before.

Won the fixture lottery with (Wayne Rooney's) Derby first up. And away as well.
Best case scenario (for them) is that they have a newly assembled squad trying to learn eachother's names by then. Worst case scenario* is they are fielding a bunch of kids.
Later in the season, that will likely prove to be a much, much tougher fixture.

(*obviously the worst case scenario is that they've gone to the wall. But I bet the EFL gives them every chance to avoid that. This is Derby, after all, not Bury!)

The December run looks brutal though.

International breaks (non World Cup) are 19th-27th September and 20th-28th March.
Home game v Fleetwood and then away game v Cheltenham fall in them.

MK Dons at Home (17th Sept) and Morecambe away (18th March) just before.

Excellent, any cancellations there should be on our terms.

Won the fixture lottery with (Wayne Rooney's) Derby first up. And away as well.
Best case scenario (for them) is that they have a newly assembled squad trying to learn eachother's names by then. Worst case scenario* is they are fielding a bunch of kids.
Later in the season, that will likely prove to be a much, much tougher fixture.

(*obviously the worst case scenario is that they've gone to the wall. But I bet the EFL gives them every chance to avoid that. This is Derby, after all, not Bury!)

The December run looks brutal though.
Yes, you can't bury Derby.

2 guys on the Derby forum predicted this fixture 10 hours ago. Bit spooky.

on a sunny day for first game of the season please

• React
Reactions: UTM
The BBC , have a word... And stop playing up to the prawn sandwich brigade.

Back
Top Bottom