Matches 2022-23 Fixtures

Surprised no one as talked about the Rovers game on the 13th of August , always a fun day in Bristol with great pubs on the Gloucester RD . And a very good chance of 3 points if we get out act together .

Last edited:
Surprised no one as talked about the Rovers game on the 13th of August , always a fun day in Bristol with great pubs on the Gloucester RD . And a very good chance of 3 points if we get out act together .

I’ll wait for train tickets. Tenner says it isn’t 3pm on a Saturday.

If we get drawn at home in FACup rounds 1 and 2 we will be at home for every Saturday in November!
I've been looking at the fixtures for other L1 and L2 clubs and there are a few who will not be at home on any Saturday that month if they are drawn away in both rounds of the FA Cup, which will cause them some potential cashflow problems. It's not clear why both of the opening rounds of the competition proper are being played in November, especially as the third round is on the normal date.

Oh, and hello 'Oxpete', hope you enjoy reading this forum! (Note to everyone; he's not an Oxford fan, but a Pompey fan who posts on a general non-league forum under that username. due to the fact that he lives in Oxford, and he loves slagging off us on that forum) He might post on here under a different username.

Last edited:
I've been looking at the fixtures for other L1 and L2 clubs and there are a few who will not be at home on any Saturday that month if they are drawn away in both rounds of the FA Cup, which will cause them some potential cashflow problems. It's not clear why both of the opening rounds of the competition proper are being played in November, especially as the third round is on the normal date.

Oh, and hello 'Oxpete', hope you enjoy reading this forum! (Note to everyone; he's not an Oxford fan, but a Pompey fan who posts on a general non-league forum under that username. due to the fact that he lives in Oxford, and he loves slagging off us on that forum) He might post on here under a different username.

2nd Round is usually first weekend of December, so with the season starting a week earlier, I assume this is why it's now in November.

2nd Round is usually first weekend of December, so with the season starting a week earlier, I assume this is why it's now in November.
Probably more so that it doesn't clash with the Round of 16 dates of the WC

They care more about the FA cup than Lge 1.

More you look at it the first 8 or so games is a very kind start - be pretty disappointed not to be atleast top 3 by the end of that. Gives us a good chance for new players to settle in as well hopefully.

More you look at it the first 8 or so games is a very kind start - be pretty disappointed not to be atleast top 3 by the end of that. Gives us a good chance for new players to settle in as well hopefully.

We should be aiming to take 20 points from that group of 8 games. That would set us up for the season. While all the others are taking points off each other.

I real opportunity, let’s hope we can take advantage.

We should be aiming to take 20 points from that group of 8 games. That would set us up for the season. While all the others are taking points off each other.

I real opportunity, let’s hope we can take advantage.
hope youre right .... and we get off to a proper flying start to the season this time

Back
Top Bottom