League Cup 2022/23 Carabao Cup R2 draw

Aston Villa away at Bolton and Everton away at Fleetwood I reckon, two biggest clubs in it away at league one opposition. How many do they show? Newcastle as well.

We won’t be on tv.

Think it's just two.

No way that Sky look beyond Bolton - Villa, Fleetwood - Everton, Tranmere - Newcastle or Stockport - Leicester (that one may be irresistable given Stockport's recent trajectory).

Great draw, but zero chance it'll be on TV. Will be RadOx rather than TV pictures for us international exiles again!

Hmmm actually

Looking at the North and South fixtures,. possible TV games, :

South games:
Forest Green v Brighton - think this be picked
Us v Palace
Cambridge v Southampton

North games:
Grimsby v Forest
Bolton v Villa
Stockport v Leicester - think this will be picked

Think it's just two.

No way that Sky look beyond Bolton - Villa, Fleetwood - Everton, Tranmere - Newcastle or Stockport - Leicester (that one may be irresistable given Stockport's recent trajectory).

Great draw, but zero chance it'll be on TV. Will be RadOx rather than TV pictures for us international exiles again!

Yeah I think people forgot about the northern half of the draw where all the big teams were, then those clubs all got drawn away to lower league opponents.

So, according to RageOnline (as usual), our last competitive game against Palace was 1998. 3-1 defeat at home on Boxing Day.
I don't remember that one, but I do remember going to Selhurst Park for a 2-0 defeat earlier that season, because they randomly had 'The Bald Eagle' Attilio Lombardo in the team, and I think El Tel was managing them?

Last win against them was before my time (watching games at least). 1-0 win in March 89.....David Bardsley with the goal.

So, according to RageOnline (as usual), our last competitive game against Palace was 1998. 3-1 defeat at home on Boxing Day.
I don't remember that one, but I do remember going to Selhurst Park for a 2-0 defeat earlier that season, because they randomly had 'The Bald Eagle' Attilio Lombardo in the team, and I think El Tel was managing them?

Last win against them was before my time (watching games at least). 1-0 win in March 89.....David Bardsley with the goal.
Barnsley goal direct from a corner. Remember it well. Was on the osler road.

There are quite a few tasty ties! Is it only 2 live? We have a chance

I was at all three of those - David Bardsley scored direct from a corner IIRC

Great draw, buzzing with that.

Bolton vs Villa the obvious choice for TV but who knows. Got to be in with a shout surely.

Back
Top Bottom